CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral shrugs, "That's the problem with weasels like you. All talk. Maybe the rest of us will take the lady up on her offer and leave your sorry ass behind. What can you do, besides talk?"

Forged Fury

First Post
Moving On?

Cyril winked and practically beamed. "Since I'm here for the tea party too, apparently Mrs. Garvey thinks talking might be beneficial at some point, Fiona. Probably like when punching people isn't a viable alternative... difficult as that may be for some to understand."

The former lawyer was so happy to be back in his element. Rhetorical banter was generally unwise in prison. But with everyone manacled and surrounded by Garvey's bruisers, Cyril was enjoying the ability to argue in relative peace. Sure, Feral would probably punch the :):):):) out of him later, but delayed punishment had never been a strong disincentive for the man.

"So as long as no one actually has a problem with finding out who we're working for, what assurances we can get that they're going to keep their end of the deal, and what it actually is they want us to do, can we move on?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral kept his cool. Cyril was obviously baiting him and Feral knew it. Feral put on a show of being a hothead, but his martial arts training had taught him to always use violence as a tool, not a reaction.

Feral had another motive in mind as well. He wanted to see what Garvey was going to say or do about the apparent conflict among her recruits.

gribble

Explorer
Looking even more bewildered as the exchange goes on between Cyril and Feral, T-dawg finally picks up on something that seems to make sense, turns to Garvey and asks in a deep, slow, monotone: "Is what you want us to do illegal? I won't do nothing against the law. I'm happy to do the time I got."

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. listens to the offer, the argument, and everything in between. He doesn't say anything and prefers it rather than the arguing over semantics. J.R. knows these government types, if they have a job for the 5 of them to do the group really doesn't have much say in the matter, deal or no deal.

(OOC :: Not sure how to use the dice roller thing on the site or if I can use it on my phone as that's what I'm using to post from work. I used a dice roller app on my phone. 1D20+0=15. I can do some research on how to use the forum roller when I get home from work tonight.)

Garvey shakes her head no when the marshall standing to the right of the doorway moves to intercept the argument between Feral Li and Cyril.

[sblock=Perception 15][sblock=J.R.]If you're not J.R., go ahead and read this if you like, but make sure you rp as if you never saw it.[sblock]J.R.'s successful Perception 15 check nets him some knowledge. J.R. had his back turned to the marshalls standing guard by the doorway, but he craned his head when Garvey shook her head no and spotted an ID badge hanging from a lanyard around one of the marshalls's neck. The badge came untucked from the marshall's inner shirt pocket for a split second and, before the marshall could retuck it, J.R. spied "Federal Communications Commission" in large block letters on the front of the man's badge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Garvey smiles benignly at Feral Li. "That's the Fed for you. My apologies, Mr. Li." With that, Garvey uncaps an expensive-looking red enameled pen and very obviously makes an amendment to Feral's file.

When Cyril begins yammering, Garvey has the decency to look non-plussed for half a moment, then remembers her smile and delicately crosses her legs. The toe of a patent leather heel bounces for the duration of Cyril and Feral's verbal sparring. When D3@tH OtT3R starts talking, Garvey's head lilts ever so slightly to the left, but the woman doesn't say a word.

Garvey only moves to interject once T-dawg asks about the mission, saying he won't do anything illegal. At this, Garvey uncrosses her legs, drops her smile, and leans forward from the head of the table to address T-dawg. "It's all strictly above board, Mr. Jeffries. Here, I think you'll benefit from seeing the U.S. Attorney's proposed reduced sentence for your case." Garvey hands out a series of stapled multi-page legal documents, one each.

Eyeing Cyril, Garvey continues, "All proper, all according to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 35(b)(2) and (4). Judge Magnus-Stinson has already stated she'll sign off on the deal. All that's waiting is your signature. Procedurally, if you agree, then you sign. I take the paperwork to Indy, hand it over to Joe Hogsett, the U.S. Attorney, Mr. Hogsett signs it and presents it to Judge for her sig. Done and done."

Garvey shrugs. "The job, to start, is simple. There's been a peculiar radio transmission and we want you to check it out. A small off-the-books team is infinitely more flexible and mobile than is an official investigation. With the transient nature of technology, I'm sure you appreciate the Government's need for discretion and timeliness. We need you to go to Wee Bee Toys in Broad Ripple, in Indianapolis, and get a BunBun--some kind of electronic toy, my notes say--and report back when you get the toy. We'll have an unmarked van transport you to your domicile in Indy, give you 30 minutes to drop off any belongings you may have, and then we need you to get on the stick and head to Wee Bee Toys. Oh, and one more thing, you work for us at our discretion for a twelve-month period."

If you wish to have your PC use a skill or make any kind of a check, please state what your PC wants to attempt and what the check modifier should be rolled at. If you can also include a link to an actual die roll, even better. If not, I am willing to roll for you.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral raises an eyebrow, his expression one of bemused confusion, "You want a bunch of convicts to...go toy shopping? I can't even...you...what the actual ^%$# ?"

Garvey dhakes her head no. "No. It's the radio transmission that we're concerned about. The toy's defective and mis-firing signal it shouldn't be. We think. If not, then there's something else going on, and we'll want to know what that something is. Now maybe you see our need?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral just shakes his head and laughs, "Not in the slightest. I mean, yeah, weird radio signals, sure. Check it out? Cool. But...why not send cops or the Geek Squad or something? Why us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases