D&D 5E Gem of Your Collection

Staffan

Legend
I don't know if I'd call it a "gem", and it's certainly not in any sort of desirable condition, but the original Dark Sun boxed set is certainly the one I've gotten the most enjoyment out of. I loved that box to bits. Literally, the books are on the verge of falling apart, from rough transportation and heavy use.

JoeCrow

Explorer
Three gems in my collection, at the moment. First in my heart: The three 1st edition books (PHB, MM, DMG) that I've owned and treasured since I got them decades ago in the eighties. Second place goes to: the big white 2nd edition Nobilis book, a luminously beautiful piece of work in presentation, rules, and writing. And third is a newcomer: A Red and Pleasant Land, by Zak S. Radically inventive, beautifully designed, and lovely to both the touch and the eye.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Glare from the ceiling fan's light aside, these are the gems of my collection: the Wayne Reynolds' originals of the 'loths in the 3e Manual of the Planes, and the cover of Pathfinder's 'The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse'.

The only way that I'm topping that is if I ever get an original Diterlizzi :)

IMG_20150105_191107072.jpg

Gecko85

Explorer
Holmes Basic Set that I've owned since it was released (and I was in 5th grade). Plus a bunch of Dragon magazines, 1e PHB, DMG, MM, Fiend Folio, and most of the original adventure modules, a bunch of Judge's Guild supplements, adventures, maps, etc., most of the Grenadier minis (plus a good number of Ral Partha), World of Grayhawk Box Set...But most of all, the notebooks full of notes, scribbles, homemade adventures, character sheets, etc. All from when I first started playing.

I've since picked up all the white box pamphlets (minus the box) and a 3rd edition of Chainmail. Funny thing is, I remember seeing all of those at the game store where I bought my stuff, and thought they were cool from an historical perspective, but chose to spend my hard earned allowance on the newer stuff.

Remove ads