[GE] A Game of Elves! A Game Set in the world of Elfquest (RE-RECRUITING!)

Timothy

First Post
Grettings Elfquest Lovers!

This Game will enable you to play the Children of all the heroes that you know out of the books by Richard and Wendy Pini.

The game is set 109 years after the reappaerrance of the palace, that's 100 years after the fall of the Citadel of Grohmul Djunn. The elves have gained control over the palace and now use it as a means of transport between the tribes. The elves are didvided into four groups: The wolfriders, The Sun villagers, The Go-backs and the wanderers. The holt holds all of the wolfriders, Cutters and Ember's tribes combined.
The Wolfriders have their home in the woods in their Holt. This group is very mixed, mostly wolf-riders live here, but some sun villagers, Flyers (Blue mountain elves) and Go-backs live with them too.
The Sun villagers in their desert home, protected by the Stone-Shaping skills of Ahdri. Dart's Wolfriders have their home here too and a flyer in the form of windchild lives here too. Yellowhair lives here too, now one of the most gifted magic users ever.
The Go-Backs live in the cold north where the still do battle with the surviving mountain trolls. Their tribe consist almost solely of Go-Backs.
The Wanderers are a group of elves that don't live within the three established elf colonies. Rayek, Ekuar. Kahvi and a group of other, younger elves live with Rayek in the palace. Kavhi and Tyldak go wherever they want to, and skywise is torn between the palace and the holt.

The Trolls lair at numerous places, They are mostly on a friendly basis with the elves, except in the cold north. Humans are spread around the globe. There is one nation that has a good realtionship to elves. This Nation is lead by the grand daughter of Shuna. In this campaign, humans have discovered magic and now work exactly as PHB Humans.
This are the rules for the races:

Humans: As PHB

Wolf-riders: +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha Low-Light vision, + 4 bonuses on Balance and Ride, animal companion: Wolf, aging effects, as per PHB Elf

Darts Wolfriders:-2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, +2 bonus on ride, Animal companion: jackal.

Sun Villagers: -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, +2 Cha (Sending requires a feat), +2 bonusses on Diplomacy and Proffesion (agriculture)

Blue Mountain elves: -2 Str/Con, +4 Dex, +2 Int and flight 30ft (Perfect)

Go-backs: +2 Con, +2 Dex, -2 Cha, Cold Resistance 5, Proficient and +1 on Swords (long, bastard and great) (Timeline is set after Gormuhl Djun is defeated, and the palace is whole again)

Mountain Trolls: +2 Str, -2 Int, -2 Cha, Darkvision, Speed 20ft, +2 vs. Magic +2 craft: weapons

Frost Trolls: +2 Str/Con, -2 Int/Wis/Cha, Darkvision, Cold Resistance 5, Speed 20ft, +2 vs. Magic

Half-Trolls (ie Two-Edge): Unique, not available as player race.

Preservers: (Not for PC's)Okay, near impossible as a PC race, since they're practically indestructible...

High Ones: (not for PC's) -2Str/Con, +2 Dex/Int/Wis/cha, shapchange 2/day.

The Magic system: By Guilt Puppy

and the other classes in the attachment.

You will all be lvl 5 Elves, and have equipment as per DMG for lvl 6 (13000 GP) Because of increased trade with the humans and the trolls, you can pick magic items out of the DMG. But try to keep the elfqust favor. If you want to have a special (magic) item, Contact me). Point buy is 32. Core and Splat books are allowed, but no Prestige classes. There is also no limit to how much multi-classing you can do, most elves multi-class. All rules in this thread overrule any rules out of the original books.

I'm looking for 4-6 characters, look for the character thread here. First ones to get their characters up are in. If you're reading this and know other persons who mught be interested in Elfquest, give thme a nod in this general direction.

Attachments

• elfquest d20 classes.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
If Payer interest doesn't increase, I'll drop this game.

I know Guilt Puppy really likes this game, as do I, so I'll keep the thread up for some extra time

Timothy

First Post
Well, it's agreat comic about Elves (NOO!!:D) when you see it at a comic store you should pick it up, it's really great!

perivas

First Post
I'm very much interested in a Elfquest campaign. While I'm not all that familiar with the setting, I do like the general feel of the world--in terms of heritage, motivations and magic. Here's my basic character concept:

A trained female warrior, who has spent many years conducting a solo guerilla campaign against trolls to avenge the death of her mate, has finally found some peace by slaying her main foe. She has returned to the community of the elves to try to live life after her quest of vengeance. However, she finds her heart and mind restless with the new peace and has lost touch with the other elves in the community.

Would this fit into your planned campaign? I feel that it does incorporate some of the chief themes of Elfquest...1) to find a permanent physical home, 2) to transcend the role of an outsider and find societal acceptance and 3) a less than perfect past.

Timothy

First Post
Ha, great Perivas! I like your concept. I think a Go-Back would be very apropiate for what you want to do. Losing touch with the community however is not likely, because all the lefs are very accepting. You could have some problems fitting in yourself. This fits very good into my planned campaign.

perivas

First Post
Timothy said:
Ha, great Perivas! I like your concept. I think a Go-Back would be very apropiate for what you want to do. Losing touch with the community however is not likely, because all the lefs are very accepting. You could have some problems fitting in yourself. This fits very good into my planned campaign.

While my character does seem to be a go-back, I think that it does not work well with the idea of exclusion. I think I would prefer her to be a sun villager or a wolf-rider. Neither of these groups would be as accepting of a prolonged struggle with the enemy for the sake of vengeance. The sun villagers are essentially peaceful, while the wolf-riders are more instinctive and live in the present, not the past. I don't really have a preference for whom the enemy may be. It would be entirely plausible to me for the enemy to have been humans, especially given the history of the wolf-riders. What do you think?

Timothy

First Post
yeah, if that's what you're going for, a sun-villager will be best. Although they have become a bit less peacefull over the years, and Dart's wolfriders live there too, I don't think they have vengeance isues with any enemies. So you can chosse whoever you want. I like your idea and it really fits into my plan.

Timothy

First Post
Okay, seems like this game isn't going anywhere, but I really like i, so I'm going to recruit some elfQuest fans from other forums....

But for everyone who is here for the first time, remember that I would like a post every day, or at least every other day.

This does not function quite like an online Elfquest Holt, here you will go on adventures with a small group of elves, much like Cutter did when going to the citadel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases