Robber Fly miniature?

Kurzon

First Post
Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good miniature for a Robber Fly? It's an old D&D monster, and is basically just a giant fly with a hatred of low-level adventurers and giant bees. As far as I know there was no official model made. But there don't seem to be many generic giant fly miniatures out there (that I could find, anyway). Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I always comb dollar stores and Wal-Mart around Halloween for decoration stuff that can be used as minis. I have whole plastic baggies of little spiders, scorpions, ants, and yes even flies. They are usually very cheap too. Hobby Lobby also has packs of little frogs that I have mounted on bases and use as giant frogs. You can find quite a bit of cool stuff for the gaming table on the cheap if you keep your eyes open.

I did find a cheap Halloween Bag-O-Flies a while back that filled this particular niche. I snagged about 20-30 inch-long plastic flies (black bodies, clear wings, and splotches of red paint on the eyes) for about a buck.

And like ExploderWizard, I also have a nice collection of cheap creepy-crawlies tucked away for game days.

Remove ads