Build Your Own Terrain with BATTLEHEX!

Battlehex is a modular, hexagonal terrain building set designed for miniatures. You can combine streams, open ground, woods, and stones to create different combinations. It's a Kickstarter project, with future goals which include roads, bridges and more, and there are mentions of swamps and beaches.

Battlehex is a modular, hexagonal terrain building set designed for miniatures. You can combine streams, open ground, woods, and stones to create different combinations. It's a Kickstarter project, with future goals which include roads, bridges and more, and there are mentions of swamps and beaches.

It's hex-based, so may not be suitable for every game (especially square-based RPGs like Pathfinder and D&D - though D&D 5E does have hexes as an option in the DMG), and a box costs $64 for 60 hexes (although that covers and enormous 6' x 4' area!) The Kickstarter is looking for $25K and has nearly $15K of it with two weeks to go. If tabletop minitaure wargames are your thing, this seems perfect for it.

scrubkai

Explorer
Honestly I don't know that the costs are much more then dungeon tiles.
Assuming a box of wilderness master set covers a 4x2 area (10 12x9 boards plus the box - scrap) and you can buy it for $18, that means you need 3 sets to cover the same area. 3 x $18 = $54.
Do the $64 might be a little high but not much.

Seriously debating if I want this with there not being a grid. If there were an option for hexes this would be an instant buy for me.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Great idea, shame there is no grid, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the most difficult task to overlay the tiles with a clear sheet that has a grid printed/marked on it

SethRob

First Post
Great idea, shame there is no grid, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the most difficult task to overlay the tiles with a clear sheet that has a grid printed/marked on it

An overlay would be one solution, at the suggestion of a couple of our backers, we are also looking into making templates that could be used to transfer a permanent grid on the hexes for anyone who only uses them for a certain game.

Balesir

Adventurer
Well, I backed this to give me tiles for 13th Age (same tile = nearby, adjacent = far away, further than that = out of sight). They will complement my WotC tiles for 4E and hex board (for HârnMaster or DragonQuest) nicely. Would also do for a "fixed" Powers & Perils, if I ever get around to it! ;)

SethRob

First Post
Hey everyone, we just made a template that can be used to put a hex grid directly on to our tiles. It worked out really well, and would be perfect for RPGs and other games that require a grid to play on. I love the geometry! Attached is a graphic demonstrating what they will allow:

View attachment 66297

SethRob

First Post
Hey everyone, our Kickstarter campaign only has about 18 hours left! So, I just wanted to invite anyone who has not had an opportunity to come check out the project. We have been tearing through some stretch goals this weekend. As of now, all of the tiles are double sided, we've unlocked a ton of new art, elevation risers are unlocked, the tiles will have a linen finish, and each box comes with 6 half hexagons to polish up the edges of the board.

We have received a phenomenal amount of support from the Kickstarter community, and we are extremely thankful for everyone who has trusted us to deliver an excellent product. You can find us at: http://bit.ly/bhexks.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads