D&D 5E Druid WILD SHAPE !

maritimo80

First Post
The Druid has a skill, called WILD SHAPE (page 66 of the PHB), but there is a table of the creatures example that it can turn, but only to your 8th level as Druid.
A level 16 the Druid can only become an animal as shown in the table, had level 8 (CR1), or I expand the table, and and it can become a creature of CR2 ?

Joe Liker

First Post
If you are Circle of the Land, you do not ever go beyond CR1.

If you are Circle of the Moon, your maximum CR is one-third of your druid level, rounded down.

Gilbetron

First Post
While we are discussing Druids - has there been any resolution on whether a Moon Druid can shift from one form to another directly? I can see it going either way...

Paraxis

Explorer
as a druid, you can only become creatures you have seen with your own eyes.

Yes but you are a druid, so that is like a lot of creatures. I mean you had a life before becoming a druid, then apprenticed as a druid, then had many druid teachers who all wild shape and travel themselves.

bruceparis

Explorer
In my HotDQ campaign, one of my players is now a 3rd Level Elven Druid (Moon). I have hand-waved that she can turn into CR 1 beasts that are common on the Wild Coast. We agreed on a list and that's what she uses. When she gets to Level 5 we will agree on more (if they are available). We have had some interesting uses of Wild Shape thus far - nothing that has broken the game - but certainly has kept me on my toes. :)

In my HotDQ campaign, one of my players is now a 3rd Level Elven Druid (Moon). I have hand-waved that she can turn into CR 1 beasts that are common on the Wild Coast. We agreed on a list and that's what she uses. When she gets to Level 5 we will agree on more (if they are available). We have had some interesting uses of Wild Shape thus far - nothing that has broken the game - but certainly has kept me on my toes. :)

Im finding Moon Druids (Bear) really broken in my game.

I had to houserule that Druids retain HD and HP of their natural form when wildshaped and instead gain temp HP = (Druid level x2)

PnPgamer

Explorer
Druids are fun always, and moon druid is the real gem if you want to be a shapeshifting druid. You just have to bear with their deery shenanigans.

Last edited:

Diamabel

First Post
Im finding Moon Druids (Bear) really broken in my game.

I had to houserule that Druids retain HD and HP of their natural form when wildshaped and instead gain temp HP = (Druid level x2)

While moon druid shifting to bear/dire wolf is really strong at level 2-3, it very quickly becomes lackluster.

Remove ads