Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey was too close to the thing as it crashed through the door. At least she had not crossed in front of it as she was going towards the next window.

“Gah! Do you think it will actually obey?” The gunslinger did not sound to hopeful in her question.

She stepped back and drew out her gun to let the robot have it. BLAM!

[sblock=Actions]5ft step, UPDATED MAP for Hailey and Aja
Draw Pistol & FIRE! Ranged attack vs. Touch AC, Spend 1 grit
Pistol (PBS, Up Close & Deadly) (1d20+6=12, 1d8+2=10, 1d6=4) - Maybe a hit for 14dmg, still does 2dmg on a miss.
If Attack reduces Robot to 0HP or less, regains the Grit.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
Grit: 2/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Olrich moves to slip through the space between buildings so that he can see what the commotion is. As he steps out from behind the corner he catches sight of the robot and his pulse quickens. This could be exactly what he was here for. "Fascinating," breathes the arcanist. "Can we try not to destroy it, even if it proves belligerent?"

Olrich raises his hand again, fingers crackling with electricity.

[OOC: Move 30 ft, ready action to cast jolt if the robot attacks. Updated Map

G

Guest 11456

End of Combat

Hearing the door burst open, Aja decides to ignore Hailey's instructions. The cleric draws her longspear and moves toward the sound, taking in the sight of the wayward robot and its odd actions as she rounds the corner.

Vandor moves cautiously closer to the action.

Zeta draws her rapier with lightning reflexes and gives the robot a good once-over. The Technic League used such machines with some frequency...but this one was in very poor repair, which struck her as strange for one of theirs. Perhaps it was just malfunctioning?
"Robot," she said, "Stop what you are doing and await further commands."
If it stopped, she would warn the others off. If it continued, ignored her or seemed about to attack, she would beat it to the punch; aiming her rapier at one of the patches where its hull had been opened.

Hailey was too close to the thing as it crashed through the door. At least she had not crossed in front of it as she was going towards the next window.
“Gah! Do you think it will actually obey?” The gunslinger did not sound to hopeful in her question.
She stepped back and drew out her gun to let the robot have it. BLAM!
The robot stops what it is doing and slumps over, not moving. From inside the house a young human girl calls out. "Thank you for the help." She walks out of the house. "I do not know what happened to that crazy thing. It suddenly started crazy." She glances around at you before continuing. "I am Val Baine and I thank you for your assistance."

OOC: I believe Hailey's attack should have been:
Attack: 1d20+7 (1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 PBS, +1 Trait) [Total of 13] {Touch AC 10}
Damage: 1d8+1 (+1 PBS) [Total of 9]
Bonus Damage: 1d6 (from "Up Close & Personal") [Total of 4]
So still a hit and 13 damage, robot had 11 so it is destroyed.

Shayuri

First Post
Zeta leans over the robot's husk to examine it more closely.

"It suddenly started going crazy?" she asks dubiously. "It looks like it suffered damage before we showed up. Did it say anything when it went crazy?"

Kaodi

Hero
For a split second Olrich's heart catches in his throat as Hailey blows the 'robot' apart, but he quickly calms himself. No sense in getting too worked up over it: what was done was done. Perhaps he could still learn something from the remains.

The arcanist moves to peer over Zeta's shoulder as she examines the creature. Once she has satisfied herself he will make a closer examination. Almost as an afterthought Olrich weaves a simple cantrip that will allow him to detect magical auras, to see what it reveals about the robot.

"You are Val Baine, the proprietor of this establishment? That is something of an accomplishment for one your age. I was expecting someone... older."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey holstered her pistol again with the robot slumped over with a smoking hole in it.

"Well met, Val. We were actually on our way to see you. I take it this thing," she gestured to the defunct robot, "was the one your dad brought back from the caverns. We wanted to ask you more about the expeditions your father was taking. We intend to go looking for him."

[sblock=OOC]Oops, I thought Robot Slayer was adding +1 Damage instead of Attack. I did not double-check, my bad.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
Grit: 3/3

[section]Twist's eyes bugged out of his head when the robot exited the house. He was about to dart forward to more closely examine the robot when Hailey let loose with a shot from her sidearm. Twist succumbed to an involuntary action and hissed when Hailey fired. Sniffing at the acrid smoke from Hailey's shot, Twist shivered and scuttled forward from the bush by the Foundry. "H-E-double snake sticks! What'dya do that for?!" Twist eyed Hailey. Pawing sadly at the rent remains of the robot, Twist cast about for anything particularly shiny or worth taking as a momento to squirrel away.[/section]
[sblock=OOC][roll0] Searching the remains of the robot.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey looked impassive as the little rat gave her grief for stopping the mad robot. The brim of her hat was shielding her eye, but he could see them from his lower vantage and they were cold.

Her tone was neutral as she hooked her thumbs in her belt. “I should think the answer to your question is obvious, Twitch. The thing was a danger to people and I stopped it.”

Shooting things was what the gunslinger did. She did not, for instance, hide in bushes.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
Grit: 3/3

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

Vandor quickly makes his way to the others. He glanced briefly at the remains of the robot. He had no particular interest in the mechanical creation. He knew that Twist was interested in learning more about it. Perhaps he would disassemble the thing.

"I am Vandor. Are you unharmed?" he asked the woman in the doorway.

grtrtle

First Post
Aja Reinfall, human female
[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Aja Reinfall[/SIZE] Human Cleric 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (13 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: Bread and Cheese
Conditions: None

Skills:
Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +7, K(Religion) +4, Perception +5, Ride +4

Attacks:
Morningstar: Attack: +2 [0 BAB, +2 Str], Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: x2, Type: P/B
Longspear: Attack: +2 [0 BAB, +2 Str], Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: x3, Type: P
Sling: Attack: +3 [0 BAB, +3 Dex], Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: x2, Type: B, Range: 50

Channel: (5/5) 1d6 DC12

Spells Prepared:

• 0 - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light
  • 1 - (D)Protection from Evil, Bless, Divine Favor
[/sblock]
"Val Baine? I am Aja, of the Erastil Order. Did this construct hurt you? Are you ok? Oh, sorry, Vandor." The cleric moves to greet the lady, only to realize belatedly Vandor has already done so. She takes a step back, and keeps an eye about while allowing the man to carry on.

Remove ads