Big Giant Swords on Discovery

my roommate (a bit of a know it all) said the flame thrower was stupid he should have gotten a small propane tank for a portable hibachi and made it self contained... I don't think he realizes this is just a big dumb toy and not meant to fight a real fight...

having said that we did get a Draco Lich shout out, and these guys feel like D&D players...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not sure why he designed it so the tip of the sword dips into the flame.

Other than that...pretty toy, entirely impractical. Might be best to take him out at range, though, if he actually ever showed up to a battle with that thing strapped on.

Yup- even if they're impractical, unwieldy and not as well made as a battle-ready weapon, they still have mass and edges.

Ryujin

Legend
Not sure why he designed it so the tip of the sword dips into the flame.

Other than that...pretty toy, entirely impractical. Might be best to take him out at range, though, if he actually ever showed up to a battle with that thing strapped on.

If I ever had to fight him he'd either kill me easily, because I'd be made helpless by Michael's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter, or I'd poke him six or seven times with one of my rapiers (and that's just on his backswing).

Rune

Once A Fool
You'd have to close, first. Presumably, the flames would make that tricky.

A good shot on the fuel line, though...followed by a flame-arrow (or just a lit torch). That oughta do it.

Ryujin

Legend
It's either an overly heavy and unwieldy short range flame thrower, or an overly heavy and unwieldy edged weapon. I don't see much difficulty.

Ryujin

Legend
How long is your lunge with that rapier?

I don't know precisely, but surely in the neighbourhood of 4 feet at least. Now that I've seen it, it might be tough to close. The brief bit that I'd seen in commercials looked like a much shorter flame. If he were to wear that bloody barrel on his back, though, I bet i could convince him to fall over with a feint.

Remove ads