Smart watches

Janx

Hero
probably.

Shake your wrist to reroll.

I think the core problem is $$$. Watch sales have been down for the last decade because of cell phones.

So nobody wears watches anymore.

Now, we're being pitched to buy a $300-500 watch that will be obsolete in 3 years.

At least a $99 Pebble is in line with what somebody MIGHT pay for a nice watch these days. I never spent more than $30 back when I wore a watch. So i'm definitely not in a target demographic to buy a smart watch, just on $ vs, longevity.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, I can't imagine a dice rolling app not being made for it.

I totally wear a watch still. I hate the idea of digging in my pocket for a phone just to check the time. Plus more and more often, I find phone usage to be disapproved of in social situations.

Smart watches depend on companies persuading people that's a form factor they need. Wearables are going to be the next big thing, and glasses have failed. There are plenty of smart watches out there, but I think it will be Apple's one which determines if they're going to be a "thing" or not. They're good at growing newish market categories.

falcarrion

First Post
I also still wear a watch. I almost never use my phone to check time.
I also love rolling actual dice. but being able to roll dice from a watch would be great.
then I wouldn't have to dig around my dice bag for the right dice. Just push the button on the side until the die you want comes up. shake the wrist to roll.

Last edited:

Remove ads