(IR) Preparations for the 3rd IR - Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonedagger

First Post
Maudlin said:
Bonedagger - I'd guess you're looking for Das Boot by Klaus Doldinger(?), unless that's a derivative already.

I believe that's the one. Thanks. I always forget to get the name of the artists when I hear some good music. Bad habit:).. Or the name of the song for that sake.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Your solution to the magic arms race and the involvement of Toril is fair.

Obviously, there have to be limits or the IR would collapse in only a few turns.

There is always a price for power and knowledge in real life. Therefore, I support and respect your decision.

It took a lot of effort and research for 10th level magic to enter my homebrew campaign. Of course, the fact that those powers which gain 10th level magic can share it - at a price for both - is a fair solution.

Toril should only have limited involvement. Forrester needs a chance to help his allies but does not need to be the 800 pound gorilla of the thread.

I suggest the technological power houses, Church of Shade and the Lortmils Technocracy, determine what was available in 1880. I know dynamite was, nitroglycerin, and I believe gatling guns.

Last edited:

Bonedagger

First Post
William Ronald said:

I suggest the technological power houses, Church of Shade and the Lortmils Technocracy, determine what was available in 1880. I know dynamite was, nitroglycerin, and I believe gatling guns.

My first image when I thought of technological upgrades was an irongolem with build-in magical cooling & reloading gatling-guns:)

Bonedagger

First Post
Alfred Nobel (the famouros weapon inventor that was knowen for peace AFTER his death:)) invented nitroglycerin in 1859. Later in 1866 he mixed it with silica that made it easy to transport- Dynamit.

Last edited:

GNOMEWORKS!

You power hungry foul! You Torillian puppet!

Shadow Empire is aware of your pathetic attempts to stop our infiltration of City of Greyhawk! And it knows that those Torillian sodomites are behind you!

WE WILL DESTROY YOU!

Bonedagger

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
GNOMEWORKS!

You power hungry foul! You Torillian puppet!

Shadow Empire is aware of your pathetic attempts to stop our infiltration of City of Greyhawk! And it knows that those Torillian sodomites are behind you!

WE WILL DESTROY YOU!

Not infiltration... Liberation:)

TO Edena!

Shade agents in City of Greyhawk, and there are hundreds of them, Shadow Adepts/ Enchanters specializing in mind affecting spells, deadly Shadowdancers/Assasins,led by Shadowlady Ahlissa, are busy preparing MANY gates to Plane of Shadow, taking control of Greyhawk`s criminal underworld and goverment, seeking converts, killing every Lortmilis or Torillian agent they encounter.

At the beginning of IR Shadow Empire will start to transport its armies in masses to City of Greyhawk! You know in Manual Planes there is a prestige class with power to transport parts of the Planes between them, for example throwing a small bit of Inner Plane of Fire into enemy castle on Material Plane. Shadow Empire has devised 9th level spell with similar effect. Our mages will cast plenty of them to slowly transform City of Greyhawk into Throne of The Shade, with all traits of Shadow Plane! Also, to distract Lortmilis Technomancy, over 300 Shade Wizards with levels 15th+ will suddenly teleport to Lortmilis capitol, blast it, open temporary gates to Shadow and Negative Energy Planes, so technomancers may have some guests from there, then escape!

I also claim Free City of Desnajr( spelling?) which is next to Greyhawk and also infiltrated by Shade agents! Is this okay Edena?

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
oh yeah. very sorry that i forgot to note. yes i did intend to relinquish control of ivid & rauxes to get zindia. sorry about that.

Great.

This will bring some more logic into this and more logical wars and negotiations. And low magic is great, slows things down and makes battle more fun and more glory :D Wars are fought in battles not by just blasting nations from some crazy desert.

I am REALLY happy with these changes.

Bonedagger

First Post
More tech. info

The first Gatling Gun was patented 4 Nov. 1862; First sonar in subs- 1918; First radar curtain- 1940; First tanks- 1ww; Genetic Basecode- Not yet; .....Cannon- German monk in the 14th century; Radio- 1896; First stealth- june18 1981; Today: Cruise Missile (Range: Hundreds of miles, Fly low=advoid radars, can destroy a warship); Carrier- 2ww.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases