1 pound = 0.45359 kg (kilogram)
1 ton = 0.907185 metric tons

need anything else edena?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ruling:

Lord Melkor posted:

TO Edena!

Shade agents in City of Greyhawk, and there are hundreds of them, Shadow Adepts/ Enchanters specializing in mind affecting spells, deadly Shadowdancers/Assasins,led by Shadowlady Ahlissa, are busy preparing MANY gates to Plane of Shadow, taking control of Greyhawk`s criminal underworld and goverment, seeking converts, killing every Lortmilis or Torillian agent they encounter.

((That's fine. The agents of your enemies are doing the same thing.))

((Gate is a 9th level spell, so yes, you can use it - to bring specified people, or a small number of people, from one place to another.
Gate cannot be used to send an entire army from one place to another.
Gate cannot be used to SUDDENLY bring a large army from one of the Planes - that is what the Planar Arms Race is for, to show your amassing of large numbers of Planars. Or in the case of the Shadow Empire, large numbers of beings from the Plane of Shadow.))

At the beginning of IR Shadow Empire will start to transport its armies in masses to City of Greyhawk!

((You may begin the IR with your full point strength in Greyhawk City, if you like. That is fair, since everyone else is starting with THEIR full point strength on the map.
This assumes the army from the Plane of Shadow has spent months secretly travelling to Oerth, amassing in the Shadows, and have now suddenly burst forth, to conquer and triumph!))

You know in Manual Planes there is a prestige class with power to transport parts of the Planes between them, for example throwing a small bit of Inner Plane of Fire into enemy castle on Material Plane. Shadow Empire has devised 9th level spell with similar effect. Our mages will cast plenty of them to slowly transform City of Greyhawk into Throne of The Shade, with all traits of Shadow Plane!

((I am sorry, but you will need 10th level magic to fully transform the Domain of Greyhawk, or even the city alone, into the Throne of Shade - to really do it right, you need 10th level magic.
With 9th level magic, you can only do a very lousy and half hearted job of the affair.
As for throwing destruction from afar, that is possible - but very limited. Take Teleport Fireball or Teleport Undead, which are lesser spells (and very amusing and good spells, I think.)
With these lesser spells, you could teleport an enraged lich into your enemy's throneroom, or a fireball to his coronation.
However, that is a roleplaying thing - you ought to post to the boards if you are pulling stunts like this.
It won't, probably, affect your opponent's PL much, but it SURE AS HECK is going to get someone's stomach riled up!))

Also, to distract Lortmilis Technomancy, over 300 Shade Wizards with levels 15th+ will suddenly teleport to Lortmil's capitol, blast it, open temporary gates to Shadow and Negative Energy Planes, so technomancers may have some guests from there, then escape!

((We haven't started the IR yet. This is something that should be posted on Turn 1.
This is a tactic you could employ, yes.
You will lose mages pulling this tactic, and it is unlikely that this tactic will lower the PL of the Lortmil Technomancy.
However, it makes great roleplaying, since it is going to make the Lortmil Techmancy MADDER THAN HADES at you, that you pulled that stunt.
I can see that no castle in the Flanaess is going to be a safe place to sleep in, in this IR ...))

((Note, if GnomeWorks had, say, secretly informed me that he had a trap in place for just such a stunt, your attack probably would have failed and your losses would have been serious, although you still would have inflicted damage.))

I also claim Free City of Dyvvers, which is next to Greyhawk and also infiltrated by Shade agents! Is this okay Edena?

((The Free City of Dyvvers is claimed already, by the Kevellond League.
That claim, is now Contested.))

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Thanks, Zouron, for the conversion chart!

I will make it a permanent part of the Lists Post.
For I realize that only in the United States do we use the English system. Everyone else uses Metric.

Edena he means that he won't be able to get over the 40 PL without contseting alot of claims and so pissing alot of people of.
That's what he means I think :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot, please read

Sollir, you have expressed a desire to play evil powers.

I am carving out a new block of evil nations, just for you.

In the southeastern part of the Empire of Iuz, the bandits and peoples there, evil and deadly, have thrown off Iuz's rule.

Instead of refounding the Bandit Kingdoms, they have created a set of powerful nations based solely on military prowess.
These guys are like the feudal warlords of the middle ages, but they are stronger, and they have a serious attitude problem.

They have allied in this world of giant alliances, and collectively they are called The League of the Warlords.

They include:

Artonsamay, Power Level 5 - this nation faces off against Delrune in the east. They don't like elves. Elves caught in Artonsamay get thrown into the arena for the wolves to eat.
Redhand, Power Level 5 - this nation controls the region southeast of the Riftcrag. They are fierce enemies of the Duchy of Urnst across the river, and raid across it for slaves.
Riftcrag, Power Level 7 - this nation is entirely within the Rift Canyon. It is the heart of the Warlord Nations, and there a great city has been built, a citadel of depravity, slavery, several arenas, and the many training centers for fighters of all types.
Kinemeet, Power Level 4 - The warmongers here don't want slaves or good - they want to fight, and in battle is glory, and in the blood of their enemies is ecstasy.
Kor, Power Level 5 - Kor was an actual city in the Flanaess, before Iuz burned it down. It has been rebuilt, and the people here spend all their time fighting the minions of Iuz. Humanoids caught here are tortured to death, or burned alive on spits. The elves and other demihumans of this area are depraved, evil, and fiercely warlike.
Fellands, Power Level 4 - this is the area east of Fellreev Forest and north of Tenh. Once controlled by the Fists, it has won it's freedom. The people here look down on the Fists as incompetents, on the people of Tenh as pathetic wastes, and on all non-fighters as worthless trash.

That's 30 points, right there, and all for you, Sollir. I will instruct Maudlin on the changes to be made to the lists.

And Sollir, you have another power.

(evil grin)

There is a REASON why nobody controls the Burneal Forest, the single largest piece of real estate in the Flanaess yet unclaimed (and now, it goes to Sollir.)

Ever hear of the Quaggoths? Well, you have now.
The Quaggoths of Burneal Forest are not your usual Quaggoths - these Quaggoths stand 8 feet to 10 feet tall, are covered in white fur, immune to cold, and are highly intelligent.
They are what the Terrans would call the Abominable Snowmen.
And they don't like visitors. They KILL, and EAT, all comers, Solistarim or Nomad alike.

They hibernate during the short subarctic summer, then come out during the long, fierce winter.

To help them, they have domesticated a large number of the Remorhaz, those giant fierce monsters of the cold (check their description in the MM.)
They do not ride these beings, for obvious reasons, but the Remorhaz go into battle with them, and reap a bloody (and quickly incinerated) harvest.

Not happy with that, the Abominable Snowmen, the Quaggoths, have magically enthralled the White Puddings of their land, and by divided them into smaller puddings have created a formidable force of these awful things.
Ever see how much damage a White Pudding inflicts in a round? It makes a Black Pudding look like a piker in comparison.
In 2nd edition terms, we are talking 7 to 70 points of damage a round.

The fell tree spirits of the Burneal are allies of the Quaggoth, and the grim, towering pine trees are well known for their ability to suddenly not be there anymore, but somewhere else.
Gods help anyone who provokes the wrath of the trees. They can move over 100 miles in a single day, and against the might of their limbs, no mortal flesh avails.

The Power Level of the Burneal Forest is 15.

And it's all yours, Sollir.

You now have a Power Level of 46, not including your allowed 3 Planar Claims.

Last edited:

To Edena!

((You may begin the IR with your full point strength in
Greyhawk City, if you like. That is fair, since everyone else is starting with THEIR full point strength on the map.

Thanks Edena this is exactly what I wanted! Are you aware of the fact that in this case there is hardly any way for Gnomeworks to stop Shade takeover of Greyhawk?

I am sorry, but you will need 10th level magic to fully transform the Domain of Greyhawk, or even the city alone, into the Throne of Shade - to really do it right, you need 10th level magic.

Okay Edena, then would it be at last possible to cover the land in Darkness? It should not be that difficult for a nation of Shades to do it, considering the fact that even 10th level one can bring 100% Darkness(see the template). Actually Shades always cower battlefield in Darkness before fighting if possible like Drow in Dark Elf Trilogy.

This is a tactic you could employ, yes.You will lose mages pulling this tactic, and it is unlikely that this tactic will lower the PL of the Lortmil Technomancy

Well considering the fact that teleport without error is only 7th level spell and gnomes don`t have very powerful mages, why hit and run tactic of causing magical mayhem isn`t efficient?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADDENDA POST

Here are comments made by everyone caring to do so, on what technology was invented when.
This post will get longer as time passes.
It is meant as a courtesy to everyone.

My appreciations to those who are sending in information.

Ok. The first u-boat war I know of started in 1914. Landminés was first seen under the american civil war (knowen as 'Infernal Devices') but not developed into what we know before 2ww. In the 1300s the chinese used gunpowder to fire multi-stage missiles. The nazi V2 had a max range of up to 180 miles. In 1958 sattelites where sent into orbit for use as an anti-longranged missile defense as well as offence (ICBM... Yes they could carry nukes).
((Bonedagger and I also would note the first submarine was invented and used in the mid 19th century, and the first crude torpedoes came into use at that time.))

Lets first clear up the thing with the u-boat From what I can find the first u-boat that had any real potential was launched by an amerikan Simon Lake in 1894 (age 27) But they didn't see 'official' military use until 1902 when the Royal Navy got the first military model.
Actually the first recording of a u-boat goes back as far as 1620 when Cornelius van Drebbel demonstrated 'The Turtle'.

1ww: Flamethrowers, 2ww: Gass warfare

Alfred Nobel (the famouros weapon inventor that was knowen for peace AFTER his death) invented nitroglycerin in 1859. Later in 1966 he mixed it with silica that made it easy to transport- Dynamit.

The first Gatling Gun was patented 4 Nov. 1862; First sonar in subs- 1918; First radar curtain-
1940; First tanks- 1ww; Genetic Basecode- Not yet; .....Cannon- German monk in the 14th century; Radio- 1896; First stealth- june18 1981; Today: Cruise Missile (Range: Hundreds of miles, Fly low=advoid radars, can destroy a warship); Carrier- 2ww.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads