(IR) Preparations for the 3rd IR - Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I want Zindia!

I would like to claim Zindia under my rule, if thats kewl with everyone. I will contest it if needed.

tnx

Tnx for the update Maudlin.

And Festy you'll have to drop Rauxes for that claim. Let Kalanyr take full controll over it and we're done exept for some negotiations that are going nicely.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
I feel greedy

I claim another 20 levels for my PC, the God-Emperor, co ruler of the Dark Union, to make him 66th level. 20 wizard, 5 Archmage, 7 epic wizard, 5 rogue, 20 levels of cleric (worshiping the ideal of Power), 9 epic cleric (with innate spell Miracle).

That should put him on an equal standing with my associate Mr Draco's PC Kas. (How else could he compete with all the 150 level people out there?)
--
Items (same as in previous post):
"The crown of Aerdi"- Gives a bonus of 6 to wisdom, intelligence and charisma, +20 to diplomacy, bluff and sense motive and true seeing. It also provides immunity to mindcontrol spells, powers and effects. It's attached to his chranium with adamantium screws.
"The Rod of Unbreakable Oaths"- Anyone who makes a vow while holding the head of this rod is bound permanently to his word and finds himself incapable of even seeking a way to break it. Only the word of the Emperor (and 11th+lvl spells) can release someone (one person at a time) from an oath taken on the rod. It has become a law in the lands of the Emperor that all members of the elite (wizards, military officers, high burocrats and scientists,top members of the secret police and so on) must swear their complete obedience and allegiance to the Emperor once every year.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
IR Strategy Guide

Bonedagger said:
But then again... Others seems to know more (Like knowing more about my plans than me :)) ... Did that prochecy come with a strategy-guide?:)
Yes, It's published by Prima, and is filled with 164 pages of tips, codes, and cheats. I've got a copy as did Mr Draco I beleve :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
This IR makes the film It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World look like Mr Roger's Neighborhood - and it hasn't even started! :)

Tharizdun and Lyzandred join Kalanyr.

Zindia goes to Festy Dog.

What are Star Dwarves and Star Gnomes?

They are the surface equivalent of the Nibelugen Dwarves.
For those Americans who do not know, the Nibelugen Dwarves come from Norse Mythology.
They were the greatest craftsmen in existence, and their mastery over the art of creating magical items had no equal.
Even the Gods could not equal the skill of the Nibelungen in making things.

The Nibelungen are the ones who created the famed Ring of the Nibelungen in Wagner's Operas (and in the historical stories.)

The Star Dwarves and Star Gnomes are greedy in the extreme, ruthless in the extreme, do not hesitate to oppress or kill their own kind, connive and plot in ways that would shame the worst politician, and consider themselves better than any other races in existence (except for their deep dwelling nibelungen cousins, whom they hate, resent, envy, and work with to learn their secrets.)
The Star Dwarves and Star Gnomes love hoarded gold and gems, jewels and platinum, as much as the worst Red Dragon, and like Red Dragons they will actually pile it up in great mounds and gloat over it.

The Nation of Zindia is almost entirely underground, with the Star Dwarves and Star Gnomes having structures close to the surface and a few on the surface (the Nibelungen are MILES down.)
The kobolds, ever a malicious, clever, and sadistic race, are grudgingly accepted by the dwarves and gnomes, and work with these races in building and creating - and all too often, the kobolds are slaves, doing as their dwarven masters bid.
The life of a slave in Zindia is never long. If he performs poorly in his work, death is the result. If he performs well in his work, death is the result (from envy and jealousy.)

The lizardmen live on the surface, in the equatorial rainforests that abound in the mountainous region west of Varna Bay.
These lizardmen and lizard kings acknowledge the overlordship of the dwarves, for the dwarves protect them from being annexed by nearby Varnaith.
They also acknowledge the overlordship of the dwarves because the dwarves explained to them quite nicely what would happen to them if they did not acknowledge said overlordship.

It is worth noting the lizardmen (and lizard kings) HATE the elves of Varnaith, killing (and eating) them whenever they can.
The lizardmen have somehow (probably through their own magic) domesticated many kinds of dinosaurs, and ride them as steeds, and the dinosaurs fight alongside them in battle.
Remember Jurassic Park, and the raptors?
Imagine a thousand lizardmen armed with poison-tipped spears and javelins, and bows with poisoned arrows, and blowguns, and swords dripping with venom, riding at you on top of 1000 magically enhanced and enraged raptors, all of them Stoneskinned, and all of them hungry.

And if you somehow can stand against them, then the Star Dwarves will take notice, and bring the big guns to bear - their overwhelmingly powerful magic and lethal tools.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Festy Dog, claiming Zindia will put you at 115 points, which is 15 points over.

Thus, you could not claim Zindia.

However, if you are willing to relinquish Ivid and the City of Rauxes to the sole control of Kalanyr (you appointed him spokesman anyways) then you can claim Zindia.

I have assumed that this is what you have done, and modified the lists accordingly - it is what I would have done in your place, since all the evil players are near 100 and cannot claim anything else, except for John Brown (Iuz.)

If I have done the incorrect thing, please tell me.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

A little bluntness is required here.

If Vecna and Acererak combine, and only they have 11th level magic, this IR won't last very long.
The playing field will be tilted so heavily towards the evil side that the good side will have no fun in the playing.

It would go:

Vecna: I blast Furyondy.
Acererak: I blast Veluna
Vecna: I blast Keoland
Acererak: I blast Nyrond
Vecna: I blast Delrune
Acererak: I blast Garnak

And there would not be a thing you could do to stop them.

Because of this, Toril is considering becoming involved.
That won't do either.

I can't have a 1,000 point power jumping into the war on the good side.

If I did, then it would go along the lines of:

Toril: We annihilate the Dark Union.
Toril: We annihilate the Pomarj.
Toril: We annihilate the Drow.
Toril: We annihilate Vecna.

And they could do it, too, and nobody could stop them.

- - -

I want a fun IR.
In my (oftentimes bitter) experience, fun starts with as level a playing field as possible.

Therefore, I have given the good side the option of gaining 11th level magic, to offset the lock Acererak and Vecna have on it.
Conversely, I don't want Toril involved directly in the war.

This, of course, has probably made everyone mad at me on both sides.

However, consider my statements above, and the truth of them.

Who could withstand the combined 11th level magical might of Vecna and Kas?
Conversely, who amongst the evils of Oerth could withstand the onslaught of Toril?

- - -

Therefore, I have compromised, and allowed that Toril may share it's 11th level magic with the Lortmil Technomancy.
That gives the good guys 11th level magic.
That keeps Toril out of the war otherwise.

If this makes people angry, then someone please tell me how to do this a better way.
I don't want the IR falling apart on Turn 1 because one side or the other has an overwhelming advantage.

I don't mind overwhelming advantages. Overwhelming victories.

But I want them to happen in the IR, during the course of play, not on Turn 1.

Does anyone see my point of view here?

I do not dictate; I ask for understanding.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Well, Idono. Obviously I'm biased here, but I suspect the previous scenario would go more like:

Vecna: I blast Furyondy.
Acererak: I blast Veluna
Chorus of Everyone Else: We kill Vecna and Acererak!

Negotiations so far have confirmed this :D

Even then it is only excusive to evil powers for 3 turns, unless Bonedagger or I give it away sooner. You may have noticed the evil nations aren't very chummy either :) In fact I have yet to be threatened by a good nation, but the evil ones are lining up. As I said, pragmatist first, Creature of Primordial Evil second :)

Anyhoo, your decision, obviously.

Serpenteye

First Post
NOOO!

Edena_of_Neith said:
Toril: We annihilate the Dark Union.

They wouldn't dare!

-------------------------
Edit: The powers list say I have 99points when in fact I have 100. (Thanks for approving my improved PC)

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Edena_of_Neith said:
Toril: We annihilate the Pomarj.
Um...
What did I ever do to them?

In all seriousness though, I too want a fun IR and If you think that giving Gnomeworks THE OPTION of getting 11th level spells is nescessary to help balance out the good/Evil power ratio, go for it.

Keep in mind everyone that The UC (played by Forester) has to GIVE the magics to the gnomes. They don't automaticly start with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases