A Strange New World

Jemal

Adventurer
Here goes another try...

REPOSTING BACKGROUND AND TERRAN/SETTING FROM THE OOC THREAD TO REFRESH EVERYONES MEMORY:

You all arrived over the past 3 years on ships that were wrecked in various storms. Salvaging what could be salvaged, and with a little ingenuity, the survivors of a shipwreck 5 years ago have managed to set up 3 thriving little cities, which are somewhat inter-dependant but self sufficient otherwise. The first, largest city is situated where the river meets the shore, and is called Safe Harbour, a city of nearly 600. About 12 miles west, upriver (a 4 hour walk) is New Hope, a smaller city of just over 200 people. 6 miles to the northwest of Safe Harbour was the site for a new village being set up by 100 people.

Recently, the New Village (Which was to be called Forest Grove) was attacked and destroyed by something. Everyone there was killed and only yesterday did you find out what had happened, when a hunter returned from the site with horror etched upon his face to report that he had just found the village, all the bodies ripped apart.

The group of you, being the most experienced from your time before arriving here (Though you haven't had any reason to fight since landing here.. It has been a rather peaceful place until now), have decided to investigate this matter, and the city elders have agreed that something needs to be done.

Terrain/Setting:
There is a great ocean to the East, and a river leading from the west, along which both of the remaining cities lay. Nobody has ever explored much more than 10 miles in any direction away from the cities, and from what you can tell it's mostly fields and forests, there are no mountains in sight, and it's fairly flat land with a few hills. Other than the 2 cities, there are a few dozen farms scattered around, between and around the towns. There's never been any sign of other living creatures except for ordinary animals, and even then the most viscious is the occasional fox come to steal chickens.

SO, That's the starting. The Elders have decided that you should head for Forest Groves location to see if you can find any clues, but they recognize that you are more experienced and will let you basically do your own thing, so long as you can find out what killed the 100 men women and children there.
As you start, you have just reached the end of the meeting with the Elders (all they know is outlined in the above info), in the city of Safe Harbour.

You all know each other from the last few years/months here, and have been formally introduced by the council. You know whatever is obvious about each other and whatever your companions are willing to tell you. It has been about a day since the hunter(A ranger named John) arrived in town to tell what he had found, and according to his story, the bodies had been dead for nearly 3 days when he arrived. However, he didn't search anything, thinking it best to return and inform you as soon as he found the town in such a state.

You're up (Finally)
EDIT: YEAH!!!!!!!!!! It finally worked!

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
Ember patiently listens to the news and then turns to her companions, impatient and ever.

"Okay, you heard them, let's pack and get to forest Grove. Fight the evil there and return Triumphiantly!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Pent, the halfling merchant that runs one of the general stores in town approches Ember and Ganondorf. "Ember . . . Ganondorf, I remember others that vounteered to travel there as well. I suggest that we gather them and point them in the right direction. There was Aven, the elf; Sir George, the paladin; Cruorin, the guardsman; Biff; Brale, the druid; and Yvonne, the cleric. A respectable group, we just need to round them up."

Pent will turn on his heel and head back to try and gather the others, not waiting to see if Ember and Ganondorf were following.

OCC: Found it! Yay me! Now to see if the others find the post . . .

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Pent, the halfling merchant, wanders through the small town looking for the others who had volunteered to go on this journey. The buggers are hiding rather well, either that or they left without the three of us, Pent thought.

Jemal

Adventurer
OODM:
So did everyone else decide to give up on this? I had like 10 people sign up, and only 3 are posting.

You know, if you're dropping out, at least f*cking tell me! If it's something happening in RL, fine but otherwise..

If I don't get at least 2 more people posting within the next 48 hours, should I re-recruit or just drop the game? (Vote pls?)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: Jemal, my vote would be to drop. Not that this wasn't going to be a good game, but it just never got off the ground. Re-soliciting is much tougher than just a new game. That said, you get it rolling and I'm still in! ;)

Keia

Sulli

First Post
re recruting would be an idea but if you did that then we would have to wait for aobut the same amount of time as just a remake of the game under a difrent name.

my vote is undecided because i think if you commit to a game at least tell the dm if you are out or not.

Remove ads