D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Jacobim's knowledge of the various duchies owing fealty to Blackmoor is a little less than current. While he hasn't heard of Duke Elderbrew, that last time he'd actually paid attention to his heraldry and history tutor had been several years ago and titles and lands tended to fluctuate quite frequently in the border territories.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jeremiah

Jeremiah raises his eyebrows in cautious amusement as Lattimer throws a small fit and storms off. The gnome looks around at the other newcomers and jokes quietly to them, "I suppose we'd best hope there are no other volunteers, or we may see an outburst of unseemly proportions from Lattimer."

Knowing that they would be leaving in the morning, Jeremiah decided to go back and retrieve his needed equipment so he could rest here tonight with the other recruits and be ready to leave when they were. So much for his room he had paid for. At least he got a good meal from there. Telling the other newcomers that he would return soon, the gnome departs down the street while whistling an old dwarven tune he had learned many years ago during his stay with them at Mt. Rainier.

Last edited:

Guang

Explorer
Kini
Kini was torn. Raggus, Mouse and he had been through some scrapes together, but if he was going to ever going to be more than a low-life and beggar, he needed to find a way to buy into a new life with the money he had found the night before. He doubted that new life had room for more than a scant few. He glanced a little guiltily at Mouse: the quiet human had come by just after he had dragged away the found corpse, and had helpfully scattered dirt over the blood on the ground. Maybe he owed him a cut.

He looked back at Raggus, tilting his head thoughtfully. "Even a fake noble has coin. His 'secret identity' would also be valuable to the right person. Want I should follow him for awhile and find out? Shouldn't be too difficult"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Watching Lattimer storm off and hearing Jeramiah's comments, Ngoya shakes her head.

"I'll come back in the morning with my equipment and will be ready to travel." she states and strides out of the training room to head back to her accommodation to spend a restful day before the rigours of the the next days become realised.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Gareth watches with an amused expression as Lattimer storms off, commenting, "Well, I did not hear any objections to me joining you fine gentlemen and ladies, although I might have missed that between his other complaints and grumbling."

Turning to the others, Gareth once again displays his warm smile. "So when do we leave? I still need to fetch my gear, of course; I'll not ruin these clothes out there. And I suppose a weapon of some kind would at least prevent goblins from thinking me an easy target. Wouldn't be fair to the little pests."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hey all. Kira wanted me to let you know she's having some trouble getting onto ENW, and she'll be back as soon as she can. I can reach her if you have need of contacting her :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Jeremiah and Ngoya

Traveling in the same direction for a bit, the gnome and the nomad find themselves confronted with a noble caravan making its way across Third Wall District. An absurdly dressed, corpulent pig of a man being carried in a hovering divan and surrounded by enslaved elven consorts of various genders, is making way through the market square, making a bit of a show of taking what he likes from various merchants without paying them and daring them to say anything about it.

Din Din and Jacobim

Andus, the defacto leaders of the recruits, approaches the two noblemen meekly, "I...I...apologize for Lattimer's behavior sirs. He...gets carried away sometimes. Please don't punish him."

Kini

Raggus thinks about it for a moment then nods, "Secrets are more valuable than gold. Ain't that how the saying goes? Rest of us, we'll go check the boarding houses, see if our fake noble checked in somewhere." The rat-like Raggus takes most of the gang back down the building's fire escape. Only Mouse remains behind for a moment. The quite young man's voice is barely a whisper, "You gonna tell Raggus you leavin'?"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Barely able to keep the disgust from her face, Ngoya watches the degenerate pass with his elven catamites. Taking a look at the vile excesses of Blackmoor she wonders for the first time if supporting these people was the correct path for her. But, remembering the fallen members of her tribe she hardens her resolve. Whilst disgusted by the denizens of Blackmoor, they were a necessary evil for her to exact her vengeance.

A few drinks should wash the taste out of her mouth.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jeremiah

The gnome turns away from the flagrant display of nobility that sickens him so much. He moves away so as not to get grabbed up as a curiosity or get involved with the group in any way. What he wouldn't give to have REAL power. Power enough to show the arrogant humans and the ruthless elves a taste of their own medicine.

Remove ads