WHAT'S IN THE BOX? A Look Inside The ELEMENTAL EVIL Board Game!

Here's a quick look at what you can expect inside the Elemental Evil boardgame box. It's a little small and lo-res, but you can make it out. The game releases on April 30th for $64.99 and "features multiple scenarios, challenging quests and cooperative game play designed for 1-5 players. The contents can also be combined with other D&D Adventure System Cooperative play board games, including The Legend of Drizzt and Castle Ravenloft." Thanks to Eduardo for the scoop!

ee_boardgame.jpg

DnD_EE_BG.png

Zaran

Adventurer
You know, I've bought almost every book and item WotC has put out since they put out 3.0. I have 2 of the three board games that put out that is like this. I'm done. I don't think they going to support the RPG and if they aren't going to support it then I am not going to support.

Letting those editors go really got me thinking. It became obvious to me that they aren't going to be doing the magazines without editors. So why am I giving them a monthly subscription? I'm to the point where I hope Hasbro sells WotC and someone who actually wants to build on the game can take it over.

And before someone tells me that all I need is the three core books. You are absolutely right. I can take those books. buy any setting from earlier editions and go to town making my own stuff. Thank you WotC from weaning me off of you.

You know, I've bought almost every book and item WotC has put out since they put out 3.0. I have 2 of the three board games that put out that is like this. I'm done. I don't think they going to support the RPG and if they aren't going to support it then I am not going to support.

Letting those editors go really got me thinking. It became obvious to me that they aren't going to be doing the magazines without editors. So why am I giving them a monthly subscription? I'm to the point where I hope Hasbro sells WotC and someone who actually wants to build on the game can take it over.

And before someone tells me that all I need is the three core books. You are absolutely right. I can take those books. buy any setting from earlier editions and go to town making my own stuff. Thank you WotC from weaning me off of you.
I don't think those magazines were ever coming back, bro.

mouselim

First Post

I got nearly everything on D&D (except 4e)...from TSR to WoTC. Honestly, TSR did more for the franchise than WoTC ever did (or they did at the beginning). I am already done on being "loyal" towards this gaming system...until at least it becomes again a hobby first...business second....guess not.

Anyway, just buy what is needed...the best way to tell them is through your wallet/purse.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Just for clarity: this is the Temple of Elemental Evil board game, not the Elemental Evil board game, and not a board game titled The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Forgive me but I'm irritated by this.

I asked for some assurance on Twitter that squeezing everything into the Sword Coast would not be their MO for the edition on Twitter, and got essentially, "It's not the Temple of Elemental Evil, it's a Temple of Elemental Evil," from the board game team via a helpful Wizards dev, as though we don't understand how branding and marketing works. That's some goddamned gall.

So anyway, we should call a spade a spade.

Okay, rant done.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases