John Doe: "Ashes to Ashes" 02/14/03

Henry

Autoexreginated
I really haven't seen any discussion of John Doe here, but in the name of totally bloated self-interest, I thought I might start one, and see if anyone here is actually watching it.

"Ashes to Ashes"

I have to admit, the death of Karen surprised me - both because she was underutilized, and poorly received, but also because most shows don't kill off 25% of the supporting cast in their first season. I think the resolution of her death, however, was done very well. It was very touching to me, especially because she symbolized the only person John had a "family" connection with. They had a lot in common, and she nurtured and adopted him from day one, just like he adopted her as surrogate sister.

I do want the show to keep up with the direction the Phoenix group is going in - it's about time to see some motion in the show, and they Phoenix Group and Trenchcoat are just what it needs to spark motion and change.

Does anyone think that something in Karen's picture is what sparked the Phoenix Group to action? It struck me as curious that they took an interest in her at all, other than her being John's secretary - but I wondered if something in her flower picture made them think that John had told her about the staff. (Star Trek Genesis Device, anyone?)

Some of my favorite parts:

John's totally inexplicable desire to ram a truck into his power pole outside his building. Unless I missed something, couldn't he have just unplugged the darned computer?

Digger's admission about why he never mentioned the speedboat: "You get divorced, you say goodbye to ALL your toys."

Digger's friendly banter about finding Karen safe & sound, while loading his pistol. All the concern is in his actions, not his voice.

Karen's Mural. Great tribute, and I hope it gets mentioned again in passing.

--------------------

So, is anyone besides me watching this friday night fun?

ANYONE?

HELLO???

YODEL-AY-DEE-HOOOO!!!

Crothian

First Post
John Doe has been a remarkible show from day one. THis episode really surprised me, I did not expect her death at all.

Oogar

First Post
Do watch it, Was sad to see Karen Die. I like some aspects of the show, others are not so High on my list.

Now the petty part of me. Firefly was a better show, and it is gone. Part of me will not forgive John Doe for still being "alive".

I have watched the show off and on.

Can someone post a spoiler rich note with any good information they may have?

MY biggest problem with this show is I can rarely catch any show every time it is on and I feel like this one is linked enough to make missing episodes a problem for understand the whole story.

Henry

Autoexreginated
DocMoriartty said:
I have watched the show off and on.

Can someone post a spoiler rich note with any good information they may have?

Doc, please go over to www.scoopme.com. They have a very good John Doe Reviewer there, who gives excellent synopses of each show's plot along with each review.

Henry said:

Doc, please go over to www.scoopme.com. They have a very good John Doe Reviewer there, who gives excellent synopses of each show's plot along with each review.

I started to, but after reading 5 paragraphs of Allison Risso is an arrogant, irritating, self righteus twat who probably failed out of film school and now writes angry internet reviews of tv shows to lash out at a world that hasnt given a good enough job to shut her up.

Do reviewers like this actually think people enjoy reading their venom laddled crap?

Remove ads