[Traveller d20] The Traveller Adventure:Memoirs from the Crew (updated 1/12!)

Do you even like Traveller?

• Yes! It's the Best.Game.Ever

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • It's alright

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • It's kinda lame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never heard of it

Votes: 2 9.5%

Dawn

First Post
Reading this brings back many memories. It has been looonnngg time since I’ve played Traveller. Whoa, 18 years actually. All those little black books are stored somewhere upstairs.

It’s good to read about it again. Keep posting!

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hey Dawn!

Nice to have you on board....I am wanting to post Epetslatl to the Rogue's Gallery soon.

The players have left Patinir after a very interesting encounter and have gotten into even MORE trouble in the next planetfall...

I love your sig quote. I told it to my girlfriend (who is a redhead) and she got a great kick out of it!

Dawn

First Post
I’ve spent the morning following the links mentioned in the previous posts. I had totally forgotten about playing Fifth Frontier War. God, that was long game! I remember starting to play Traveller in eighth grade. I got the deluxe boxed set so I would have the entire map of the Spinward Marches. On the cover of the box was the distress call from the trader Beowulf. That was the same time my English teacher (my mother at the time) was having us read the epic Beowulf.

Amazing at what memories come back looking through the links.....

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Haven't played T20 for some time as one of our principles (the player who runs Epestlatl) is in Iraq.

However, I have been promised a log from the events in the Patinir Belt and then the Pysadian Escapade....where we halted.

Can't promise anything soon, however....:(

pogre

Legend
Good stuff - man I really enjoyed Traveller! With Bloomington, IL just down the road we used to snatchup everything that came out of GDW! Hope you guys resume soon.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Well Epetslatl is back...so I'll have to post his stats in the Gallery...but here's an idea I stole from Morte. The Subsector Map where our adv's are taking place...

Attachments

• traveller adventure.jpg
    traveller adventure.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 249

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Note: I also posted Epletsatl to the Rogue's Gallery!

from The Traveller Adventure: Memoirs of a Merchant Captain...and His Crew
---Traveller's Aide Society Press, 1116

Patinir System: 039-048:1114

Medical Officer's Log:

I am ashamed if I ever had a doubt about the nobility of Baron Tito von Moonwalker. I have seen too many so-called 'nobles' in my day abuse their position and lord over the weak. On 045:1114, the Baron showed what
noblesse oblige truly means....

Baseru cheated us. I have no doubt about that, but while he was a crook and the Answerin has declared vengeance, his contact on Trojan Alpha, Ghan Siverens, is a man of integrity. As a shareholder aboard the
Harrier even I could feel the pinch and the tension from our heavy loss taking the cargo from Natoko to Patinir. I have talked to Luu about consulting the board next time before he makes such deals. In any case, Siverens bailed us out by brokering for us, free of charge, while we ran some of the mining supplies for him to the belters further in the asteroid belt. His supply shuttle was overdue.

It took us four days to haul it in real space to its destination. The asteroid miners were very greatful and, Rani, Eps and I even ran physicals for the forty or so inhabitants and their families. The belters were very grateful and did not even mind the Zhodani helping out. On the return, we found the shuttle.

From the outside, we could see that it had run across some trouble. Al', Gvoudzon, and at first to my surprise, Baron Tito, volunteered to board the wreck. We detected severe levels of radiation and as they explored the ship, their uplinks showed us severe battle damage. The drives had been compromised and were showering the ship with uncontrollable dirty emissions. At first we thought that the shuttle maybe had been powered by a primitive fission reactor, however, Luu and Kigu' determined after a quick analysis of the electromagnetic spectra, that whatever pirate had attacked the unarmed shuttle, had used particle accelerators, fusion guns, or illegally, a nuclear missle at very close range.

With their vacc suits, our crewmembers would not last long at those levels. We told them to tread carefully and hurriedly. Al and Gvouzdon soon returned, afraid of the lack of structual integrity as well as the radioactivity. Gvouzdon had already taken more rads than was healthy. It was here where the Baron shined. He refused to leave until the ship had been thoroughly searched.

For a short moment we lost contact as stray EM interfered with his commlink. Al was about to jump back across when Tito chimed in, his breath ragged as he staggered out from the air lock of the damaged craft.

"Found a live one," he declared, and we all breathed a collective sigh of relief.

The Baron soon passed out as we rushed him and the survivor to sick bay.

Unfortunately, the survivor passed away on the return trip. He already had extensive tissue and cellular damage. It was beyond repair. How he had hung on for so long, on mimimal life support is a miracle. Perhaps he held on with just enough will so that he could communicate to us, who had attacked him and his ship.

Before he died he muttered one word: Wolblutn.

================

First Officer's Log:

Add another enemy to our ever growing list.

Roget Bannerji is now being hunted by the crew of the
March Harrier even if there is no bounty.

Declare it througout the Marches!

The Maker help him if we catch up to him in the near future.

Siverns vouched for us as we were debriefed by Port Authority over our find of the derelict shuttle and the good broker had found us a hefty cargo to make up for Luudakirurikek's bad decision. We soon jumped to our next destination: Pysadi, ladden with cargo. Hopefully it will offset our need to purchase a double fuel load for our "Jump-2". We need to upgrade our drives as soon as possible...

At Patinir, I gained a deep respect and admiration for Baron Tito. The Imperium is in good hands if all Scouts feel the same way as the Baron. He did not show fear in a situation where death was possible. As he recovered I asked him why he had done what he had.

He replied: "There is an old Antarean saying: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one."

Then he smiled as Dr. Chevalier administered another cocktail of healing serum and nanites to his dosage-damaged body.

Last edited:

honorwolf

First Post
Outstanding. I cannot wait to play again. This time we make more profit and none of this "pro bono" stuff. I am tired of picking up "another pathetic lifeform." Or so to speak. We need more paying passengers and high profit cargo. Man, the captain needs to call in a few favors and get us some more profit.
Now if we can just keep Luu from gambling so much and just stay on friendly terms with the port authorities, then we can stay a head of the game.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Here's a great picture I found on line of a Subsidized Merchant...the "Cargo Van" of space that is the March Harrier

You can imagine that this is the Harrier heading out towards 100 diameters from Aramis...

Here's the Legal stuff:

Copyright © 1999 Vision Forge Graphics, All Rights Reserved. Steve Jackson Games, Gurps:Traveller, and any of their titles are Copyright © 1999 by Steve Jackson Games, All Rights Reserved. Traveller is Copyright © 1977-1999 by Far Future Enterprises. Some images on this site are Copyright by artists other than myself. No infringement is intended.

Attachments

• sm_orbit10.jpg
    sm_orbit10.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases