Recommend me a fantasy graphic novel

dbm

Savage!
I really like graphic novels, and have read a few classics like The Watchmen, The Incal and the Dark Knight. Could anyone recommend a quality graphic novel with a fantasy motif?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I really like graphic novels, and have read a few classics like The Watchmen, The Incal and the Dark Knight. Could anyone recommend a quality graphic novel with a fantasy motif?
Saga from Image Comics. The first trade paperback is just 10$, so if you do not like the series, it is not a big waste of money. You should love it though. It is awesome.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen mixes sci-fi and fantasy. It is very good storytelling by Alan Moore, the author of Watchmen.

Someone mentioned Mignola's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stand alone trade paperback. It is fun. You either like or dislike the art.

There is Fables, but it isn't that great. I do not recommand it. The art is ordinary and the plot is boring.

There aren't that many fantasy graphic novels out there. If you like some superhero elements or sci-fi, try The Programme from Wildstorm. Planetary also from Wildstorm could be fun, like the first three paperback of The Authority. After that it goes downhill.

If you like mangas, Inu Yasha 3 in 1 from Viz are rather solid fantasy adventures. Good plot. Naruto 3 in 1, also from Viz, have a lot of fantasy elements in them too.

One of my favorite series is Les Chroniques de la Lune Noire (Black Moon Chronicles). I'm not sure how available they are in english.

Another very good series, still fantasy with a more goth bend : Requiem, Vampire Knight.

Note that both series above, being French in origin, probably have more sex / naked girls than what appears in american graphic novels.

Slaine is well done and interesting.

Arawn is pretty good as well.

Happy reading!

AR

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases