What have you done to my Underdark Fey thread?

Wippit Guud

First Post
Inspired by http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41660

Shadow Sprite
Tiny Fey
Hit Dice: 1/2 d6+2 (3 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (poor)
AC: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Dagger +5 melee; or hand crossbow +5 ranged
Damage: Bite 1d4-3; or hand crossbow 1d4
Face/Reach 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft./0 ft
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: SR 17, Darkvision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 5, Dex 16, Con 15,
Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 14
Skills: Escape Artist +8, Hide +16*, Intuit Direction +4 Jump +9, Listen +9, Move Silently +8*, Search +3, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse(Dagger)

Climate/Terrain: Underground
Organization: Gang (2-4), plague (5-15), or swarm (20-90)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: No coins; 50% goods; 50% items
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 1-3 HD (Tiny)

Shadow Sprites are distant descendants of grigs who retreated underground. They still retain much of the appearance as normal grigs, but their skin and hair have gone white due to the lack of pigment needed underground. They have also given up their musical ability, as the echos of the underdark broadcast their position to predators.

Shadow Sprites tend towards reclusiveness, avoiding confrontations if at all possible. They are not evil like many other underdank residents, but aren't known to be all that caring either, at least to non-sprites.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day-change self, darkness, invisibility (self only), silent image, and ventriloquism. 1/week-transmute rock to mud. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 9th-level sorcerer (save DC 12 + spell level).

Skills: All sprites receive a +2 racial bonus to Search, Spot, and Listen checks. Shadow sprites receive a +8 racial bonus to Jump checks. *They also receive a +5 racial bonus to Move Silently and Hide checks underground.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Shiv: That was the most off-topic image ever on this site. Don't be surprised if a mod deletes it. On a lighter side though, I appreciate the humor. :D

Also, I have something called fey of the month somewhere on the homebrews forum, you should check it out, although I would advise you to ignore mine and Clay_more's banter... :D

Clay_More

First Post
Well, I definitely feel something growing in my stomach... urgh... seems its growing in my throat now... urgh.. urgh... seems its growing out of my throat... Buaarrgghhh

Sorry about that.

Anyways, nice little sprite. I actually considered that Passwall wouldn't be a bad ability for it either... seeing that sprites are reclusive and all that.

Maybe they should be allowed to look through their own Darkness even ?

Robbert Raets

Explorer
shivamuffin said:
Nice....Very Nice!

Here's a late valentine for you...Very Nice....

You die now...
(Robb blows mr. muffin into oblivion...)

Attachments

• giant_fan.jpg
    giant_fan.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 498

Remove ads