D&D 3E/3.5 Knightfall's "Humanoids + Templates = Fun" Thread (Retired)

Krishnath

First Post
Buddha the DM said:
So? Has that ever stopped any of us before?
No, but it wouldn't be fun. And fun is important, thus we need to choose a creature type with a lot of variation among it, such as animals, magical beasts, or even outsiders...

Krishnath

First Post
Boz: Lol!

Buddha the DM: Because there is a severe lack of dragons compared to other creature types, and there is a lot of work that is involved in the true dragons. Trust me on this, it is what I do when I am bored. Aberrations would be a good alternative, there are a lot of different types of those...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Boz: Lol!

Buddha the DM: Because there is a severe lack of dragons compared to other creature types, and there is a lot of work that is involved in the true dragons. Trust me on this, it is what I do when I am bored. Aberrations would be a good alternative, there are a lot of different types of those...

I like the idea of and Aberrations thread. I'll like it even more once I get my hands on Lods of Madness. I also think a Dragon or Elemental thread would be kind of interesting.

The only rule, I see is that an Aberration thread must either use a base creature that is an Aberration or use a template or series of templates that turns a base creature into a Aberration. of course, the same goes if we choose something else.

Cheers!

KF72

p.s. I've started updating and compiling my old 3.0 creations from this thread and a few others. I've only done a few, so far, but once I get more than, say, 10 to 20 done, I'll post them to the Homebrews forum again in a different thread. I'll also be posting a compiled Word Document, eventually. (I've found that many of my creations need to be reimagined completely, as a lot of changes happened from 3.0 to 3.5, regarding monsters.)

Krishnath

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
The only rule, I see is that an Aberration thread must either use a base creature that is an Aberration or use a template or series of templates that turns a base creature into a Aberration.

Start the thread and I am *so* there.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Krishnath said:

I know there is a lack of the Dragon type. I create them when I'm bored too, although the boredom tends to cure itself before I can finish them.

Knightfall1972 said:
The only rule, I see is that an Aberration thread must either use a base creature that is an Aberration or use a template or series of templates that turns a base creature into a Aberration. of course, the same goes if we choose something else.

I think the same rule could apply to the Dragon thread.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Krishnath said:
Start the thread and I am *so* there.

Ok, we'll go with Aberrations and see how far it goes. I will start a new thread. The thread won't start with a templated critter from me, however, as I'm working on updating a critter from this thread, right now, and I have to go to physiotherapy. (Different pain issue than detailed before on this thread.)

If someone wants to start a Dragon thread too then I'm all for that, as well.

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases