New (?) Cleric Domains: Speed, Patience

LazarusLong42

First Post
So, the setting I'm working on is a world with two moons: Litsi, the inner moon, has a period of just nine days, while Rinell, the outer moon, has a period nearly a quarter of a Mizani year long. The corresponding gods, I figured, needed appropriate domains corresponding to these moons' personalities. Thus, I present (as my first post after lurking quite a while) the Speed and Patience domains.

Thoughts on balance are of course appreciated. In particular, I worry about the Patience Domain's granted power, and whether may Clerics would be likely to *take* said Domain.

Speed Domain (Litsi)

Granted Power: You receive +2 to all Reflex saves.

1. Expeditious Retreat
2. Cat's Grace
3. Haste
4. Freedom of Movement
5. Wind Walk
6. Teleport
7. Mass Haste
8. Teleport Without Error
9. Time Stop

Patience Domain (Rinell)

Granted Power: You receive the Extend Spell feat for free.

1. Sanctuary
2. Gentle Repose
3. Slow
4. Permanency
5. Legend Lore
6. Contingency
7. Statue
8. Symbol
9. Temporal Stasis

trentonjoe

Explorer
There is nothing wrong with your domains but they are both very good.

The speed domain is very powerful. When I make up domains (which is VERY infrequent :)) I try not to have good spells and good granted powers. Make one of them something oyu r are not gonna use every day.

Lela

First Post
the Jester said:
There's a prestige class in DotF that's similar to the speed domain you have here- it's the celerity domain.

You mean the Prestige Domain Celerity? It does apply well. Dictionary.com defines Celerity as "Swiftness of action or motion; speed." And points to synonyms under the word "Haste."

But doesn't the Celerity P-Domain give you +2 to Dex as well? Of course, being a P-Domain, it would (and should) be more powerful than the regular.

Personally, I like both of them. Whether or not the patiance domain is taken is really dependent on the PCs. It doesn't fit the group I DM too well but it might fit right in with your players.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases