Video Review of Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game

A video review of Temple of Elemental Evil is has been posted, and reveals a LOT of details about the game, including all the fighter's powers, the meaning of the runes on the tiles, the trap tokens, upgrades that can be purchased, and lots more. The review is by Tom Vasel of The Dice Tower and is about 15 minutes long.

[video=youtube_share;bAczGeer-0g]http://youtu.be/bAczGeer-0g[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Voneth

First Post
Ugh. Why does he always do that slo-mo of pieces falling? It's always waaaaay too long. Not a deal breaker on these videos, but a pet peeve of mine.

Kurzon

First Post
I've never seen this fellow's reviews before, but he seemed quite disrespectful to the game, e.g. chucking the miniatures around, slamming a hammer down on them, etc. Seemed unnecessary and a waste of a new game.

pemerton

Legend
For someone who knows that the system has been around for a while, but hasn't actually played one of these games, I found it a pretty helpful review.

Saxon1974

Explorer
Is that rogue female? If so its 4 females and only 1 male character? I have three sons so might have to use older characters if we want to play male characters:) At least one more male character would be nice(assuming the rogue isn't).

So I haven't really followed these board games, but knowing 4E I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am -- 4E translates really well into this board game format. AEDU gives a lot of great options for a tactical cooperative game. I'm glad this is a way of keeping the 4E-style mechanics alive for those options.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
He's been doing the component drop in his videos for years. I never did get the previous three games in this board game series and I won't be getting this one. I always wanted a more meatier board game influenced by the dice system in D&D 4e, this one is just too light for me.

You guys should find his review of D&D Dice Masters... it shows off a lot of the cards in the game and does a through job of explaining how that game plays.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases