Video Review of Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game

A video review of Temple of Elemental Evil is has been posted, and reveals a LOT of details about the game, including all the fighter's powers, the meaning of the runes on the tiles, the trap tokens, upgrades that can be purchased, and lots more. The review is by Tom Vasel of The Dice Tower and is about 15 minutes long.

[video=youtube_share;bAczGeer-0g]http://youtu.be/bAczGeer-0g[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxon1974

Explorer
He's been doing the component drop in his videos for years. I never did get the previous three games in this board game series and I won't be getting this one. I always wanted a more meatier board game influenced by the dice system in D&D 4e, this one is just too light for me.

You guys should find his review of D&D Dice Masters... it shows off a lot of the cards in the game and does a through job of explaining how that game plays.

While I hear you on wanting a meatier game, I think doing that would make it take too long. Take descent; I like it but it takes so long to play I think most would prefer to just play an RPG. I like that I can play these games in about an hour. I think there intent was to use some of the mechanics and atmosphere of d&d buy keeping gameplay time under 2 hours.

Wolfskin

Explorer
For those with experience in the D&D Adventure System games and other games -say, Eldritch Horror, which I'm a big fan of-, how do they compare? Are they crunchier, lighter, or about the same?

All of the people I play board games with are also roleplayers, so the only reason we meet to play a board game instead of a tabletop RPG are time constraints (also, lack of a prepared game or a GM's absence).

Kurzon

First Post
For those with experience in the D&D Adventure System games and other games -say, Eldritch Horror, which I'm a big fan of-, how do they compare? Are they crunchier, lighter, or about the same?

When I meet up with friends to play boardgames, it's usually either D&D Adventure System or Eldritch Horror. If we want to have a few games of something or want a relaxed, beer & pretzels kind of experience, we play DDAS. If we want to spend most of our time playing one game that requires a lot of focus, but is very immersive and epic, then it's EH.

Basically, the DDAS games are very lightweight in the rules department compared to EH. They're also much quicker and you have far less to remember during your turn. Both are great. It just depends what kind of experience you're looking for.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases