Shadowrun: For Us It Was a Tuesday [OOC]

RG
IC

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR DM USE.

I drooled over the Shadowrun core rulebook last weekend. I haven't purchased it (yet), but sometime in the next 60 days I think I am going to treat myself to it.

Who here plays Shadowrun? Who here would like to DM some Shadowrun? I have never played, so I'd need to play before I DM it. I'm thinking I want to play in an rp-intensive game.

Anyone tentatively in? Can I get an amen for someone to DM?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Mosier's running a game. Not sure if he's still taking players, but you might drop him a line and let him know you're interested. :)

He doesn't appear to be taking players. Best I can tell, that game was closed in the space of 48 hours. More power to him. I thought about hopping over there to stick my head and ask for dibs on an alternate spot, but I don't even have the core rulebook yet so it seemed moot.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, by the time he decides to take in a new player, you'll probably have it. :)

You can also google 'Chummer 5,' to get pointed to a good free character generator program, which handles a lot of the bookwork for you.

Sadly, Shadowrun games are few and far between though. :(

Mosier

First Post
He doesn't appear to be taking players. Best I can tell, that game was closed in the space of 48 hours. More power to him. I thought about hopping over there to stick my head and ask for dibs on an alternate spot, but I don't even have the core rulebook yet so it seemed moot.

Sorry about how quickly the game was closed, Canadienne! It went even faster than 48 hours, to be honest. I cheated a bit and recruited a group that I was comfortable from playing a previous game with, so it was actually closed before the first was even made. The reason I closed it right away is that I haven't GMed the 5th edition rules yet, and I wanted to feel comfortable with it before subjecting anyone else to the trauma of my learning curve.

If you don't mind waiting a bit, I'll put you at the top of the list for when a spot opens up. I'll probably have one or two small runs under the belt before I feel confident enough to open a fifth player spot, so it's up to you. I estimate it'll be about two weeks or so. What do you say?

I want in, but I need a rulebook. And I won't have one of those until April. How about you include me as a 5th or an alternate, and then if and when you end up needing either the 5th or the alternate, we'll see whether I've got the book purchased by then?

Mosier

First Post
Sounds good to me. April gives us plenty of wiggle room for completing a preliminary run or two.

Just keep in mind that our campaign wont be "pure" (for lack of a better word) when it comes to character creation. Because we're playing in such an earlier part of the Shadowrun timeline, there's some pretty severe tech restriction, among other things.

I'll get back to you when the spot opens up. See you in the shadows!

[MENTION=6776381]Mosier[/MENTION], thanks.

To anyone else reading this thread: holler if you want to play some Shadowrun. Surely there are enough of us here to support another game.

Unsung

First Post
*expresses interest*

I've never gotten the chance to sit down and play an actual game, but I've pieced my way through some of the older sourcebooks and played Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall. And I'm a big fan of Blade Runner, Neuromancer, Snow Crash, and Snatcher, if that helps.

Oh, goody, Unsung! Fantastic.

I'm not sure if you meant Blade Runner the movie, but that is a favorite of mine. If we're talking literary influences that would be fun to overlay atop Shadowrun, then I'm thinking Haruki Murakami meets Elmore Leonard meets Charles Bukowski meets Philip K. Dick meets James Ellroy. With a splash of magical realism a la Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Remove ads