Sub-Mariner Movie News

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
From SciFi Wire...

Cage To Surface As Namor?

Nicholas Cage is allegedly in training to star as the Sub-Mariner in the film adaptation of the Marvel comic book, a source told Ain't It Cool News.

The actor, who was at one time in the running for the role of Superman, was recently overheard at the gym telling his trainer that he was getting in shape for the upcoming Sub-Mariner film, which is currently being pushed into production.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sagan Darkside said:
I like the idea of him in it, but not as Namor.

But, I could not thing of anyone I would want to play him.

SD

Well of all the current batch of 'leading men' in Hollywood Cage is probably the best choice for Prince Namor of the winged ankles.

Henry

Autoexreginated
You know who I think would make a good Sub Mariner?

Leo de Caprio.

Hear me out!

Hawkish features, youthful appearance, and slim figure - all very conducive to being Prince Namor.

Whaddaya think?

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Henry said:
Hawkish features, youthful appearance, and slim figure - all very conducive to being Prince Namor.

Whaddaya think?

I think you are being a snot, but I would be more open to Leo then Cage. I have trouble seeing Cage pulling off the regal aspect of Namor.

Of course, I have trouble seeing any of the movie work. Namor is such a part of the Marvel universe- that taking him out of it diminishes him.

SD

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Maybe. No way he could ever have pulled off Superman but if they put a good hairpeice on him and do a little good camera work it might not be noticable that he's about 10 years too old for it; makeup, SFX and a little CGI can do wonders, though.

jdavis

First Post
Henry said:
You know who I think would make a good Sub Mariner?

Leo de Caprio.

Hear me out!

Whaddaya think?

They could just pick up from the death scene in Titanic.

Heck they should just get Schwarzenegger to do it. "I like you Attuma that's why I kill you last."

Something else I just saw out there: "Kiefer Sutherland is now the frontrunner to play "Ghost Rider" As much as I would love to see them set Kiefer Sutherland's head on fire, I just don't know about that one.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
jdavis said:

Something else I just saw out there: "Kiefer Sutherland is now the frontrunner to play "Ghost Rider" As much as I would love to see them set Kiefer Sutherland's head on fire, I just don't know about that one.

He would make a better Cap.

SD

jdavis

First Post
Sagan Darkside said:

He would make a better Cap.

SD

I would think they would need somebody more All American, somebody with a smile that twinkled. Aw who am I kidding they will probably try to give Captain America to "The Rock", or Leonardo De Caprio.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases