Children of the Gods: The Princess and the Dragon

Unsung

First Post
This is such a great concept. I'd love to see a game system where experience points and mana turned out to be the same damn thing, and the reason wizards were so physically weak was from spending all their XP on spellcasting.

I love the idea of this game, but I am far from familiar enough with 3.5 to join. I will be lurking, however.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to create an mystic theurge; a concept I've had in mind for a while now. Perhaps a child of Wee Jas. While he (or she?) would not be overpowered (more like underpowered), I look forward to the roleplaying aspect of such a character.

By the way, are we restricted to the deities in the PHB only?

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey Kiraya!

I'm tempted to throw my hat in the ring! It's been a while since I played 3.5, and I'd be interested in playing something weird/different, so how about a pixie, son/daughter of Ehlonna. I'm tempted to do a monk/druid or monk/sorcerer or perhaps even strait monk. The class is still a work in progress. I also promise not to call the character Mighty Ant ;-)
How does that sound?
Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hm, Master of Many Forms is in a Complete too...

Well, straight up druid then. That's fine...

Kiraya, are materials in the SRD that you don't have the books to fair game? The SRD has some Unearthed Arcana options I'm interested in.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Welcome aboard, Steve. Pixies are awesome. Just keep in mind you'll be squishy for a while and will gain levels slower than everyone else for quite a while.

Shayuri, I specifically excluded the UA stuff as some of it is kind of wonky from a balance perspective. I'd rather just not deal with it.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, so...pixies are okay, but alternate class features for druids are not.

Hm. Still trying to plug into the aesthetic you're going for here.

I will consider options, perhaps reconceptualize from scratch.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Welcome aboard, Steve. Pixies are awesome. Just keep in mind you'll be squishy for a while and will gain levels slower than everyone else for quite a while.

Cool! The DR and magic resistance should help (hopefully) with the squishyness, at least in the beginning.
Questions about the outsider class: What weapons and armor are they proficient in? Also, can the "special ability" gained at each level be substituted for a feat, or perhaps a class feature of the same level (for example, the monk's wisdom improvement to AC at level 1)?
I'm trying to get a feel for this option.
Thanks again and cheers!

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Hehe, so...pixies are okay, but alternate class features for druids are not.

Hm. Still trying to plug into the aesthetic you're going for here.

I will consider options, perhaps reconceptualize from scratch.

Pixies and other monster characters have Level Adjustment to deal with. UA stuff can get complicated and throw things off a fair amount. That said, what did you have in mind?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases