D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

goatunit

Explorer
Eurid lets the urn go, setting his hands on his hips and watching it bob about overhead. When he hears the message, he shakes his head. Barmy deaders always chuffle the blankest screed.

"Indecipherable gibberish," he complains. "So you're not Toma's ghost, then. That's well and good. Doesn't hook me to nothing, and I'll on-my-way and you'll with the urn bit. But put an ear on this, afore you hit the blinds: Don't go around tossing accusations that us tieflings eat babies. Don't know what a plastic is and don't..."

He trails off as the fairy and satyr appear. What's the Hive Ward coming to?

Shayuri

First Post
...Okay, wow, surprises!

Graydon's head was turning back and forth like his neck was a swivel-mount, trying to process what was going on; it's a random filthy alley in the Poor Quarter, yet there's still a surprise stone-horned warrioress whose speech somehow sounded like sunshine felt, for all that she was freaking out right now- and on the other hand, somebody with a tail was giving what seemed to be a pep talk to a floating burial urn.

Headache be damned, I already like this place... and I really wish I'd prepared Detect Magic this morning.

Still, he'll respond to the girl first; she's the one who actually talked to him, after all. So he'll go ahead and cough politely to catch her attention.

"You seem to have a habit of answering your own questions, Miss; but surely it's not so bad as all that? The circumstances are pretty strange, but this is a place of wonder."

The woman shook her head and leaned back against the wall.

"No...I don't know...I just feel like this is a very dangerous place for me. I shouldn't stay."

She focused on Graydon then, more completely. The confusion and fear seemed to ease somewhat, or perhaps she just mastered them. "You know the city. You're comfortable here. Can you direct me to a way out? One of the..." She paused, frowning, as if suddenly becoming aware of something she didn't understand. "...cracks?"

[section]The effigy dropped the urn in surprise. The copper pot tinked to the dirt-laden alley, landing at Eurid's feet. In a fit of pique, the effigy jetted to the pixie and phased right through her, taking care to land outside of her body after phasing. 'Nother play-ah! Hoo! The effigy skirted back around front of the little lady, waiting with glee for her reaction.[/section]
OOC: Phasing: You can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. If you end your turn inside a solid object, you take 1d10 force damage.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: So, question! What does Picayune look like? Can we see through him or does he look solid or can we not see him at all? Can we hear him? Would there be a reason for us to think he is "dead"? Obviously the little light fairy would not take super kindly to death so I just want to have an idea if she senses that. What does everyone look like, if you haven't described yourself yet? Sorry to be a pita! ;)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lili has a friendly smile on her face as she flies forward, hoping to make new friends and play. Then suddenly she stops as terror comes over her. She visibly shivers and shakes and a terrifying high pitch scream, so much louder than her little body would suggest, pierces the air. Her light seems to dim then POOF! A large dragon appears in the alley and the petrified fairy is gone.

OOC: Lili is so panicked that she accidentally or perhaps protectively sets off a major image of a fearsome dragon in the alley way. She's also disappeared, but really she is just hiding and trembling back by Oz, which I am sure some or all of you may have seen.

Pembinasa

First Post
Graydon frowned thoughtfully, furrowing his brow at the fighting-woman's words- and then pressed a hand to his forehead. Okay, OW.

"There are doubtless better places to be than this specific corner, but I'm afraid I'm just as foreign to this place as you are; I only arrived last... whatever they have instead of nights here? No sun to set, after all. If you want a... portal, I guess? It'd have to be from someone more in the know."

Right about then is when he was distracted by the Fey presentation, and the young wizard started rubbing his temples with a groan. "Look, you seem to be all kinds of special, Lady. Do you have any idea what's going on over there? I'm not sure I'm up to dealing with this yet."

Unsung

First Post
Lili has a friendly smile on her face as she flies forward, hoping to make new friends and play. Then suddenly she stops as terror comes over her. She visibly shivers and shakes and a terrifying high pitch scream, so much louder than her little body would suggest, pierces the air. Her light seems to dim then POOF! A large dragon appears in the alley and the petrified fairy is gone.

The effect is both immediate and complete. The shambling beggars and assorted nobodies of the Hive are not easily surprised, but their sense of self-preservation would put them in the running for most craven in all creation.

It doesn't take much. "....DRAGON!!!!" shouts a mud-caked spiny devil, lying on his side, arms and legs wrapped around an oversized bottle of overproof screech rum.

He might as well have put a match to a powderkeg. The crowd erupts, leaving a ten-meter bubble of empty space, occupied solely by the drunken devil and the red-armoured guard across the street.

The guard, no longer sleepy-eyed, stares into the alley. He locks eyes with the Dustman, Eurid.

His hand, supporting his bulky body against his red steel halberd, trembles, very slightly.

The next instant, he has whipped about and is vaulting away up the street, back to the comparative safety of the Lower Ward.

goatunit

Explorer
Eurid has been around the block, but he's never seen a dragon. He's certainly never imagined he might meet one in Sigil. Fortunately, the thing's sudden appearance in place of the frightened fairy is enough to make him suspect illusionary magic.

Besides, if he's wrong, then death is not something he fears.

The paladin clears his throat, sympathy for these lost souls coming over him.

"Alright, alright," he announces. Perhaps even the wizard and woman can hear him. "Huddle up, you berks. These displays are liable to get us all mazed."

Shayuri

First Post
Shard looked over from where she was conversing, and the gem in her forehead shimmered as a hard, determined look came over her face. She hefted the spear and scowled.

"Don't HUDDLE UP! Scatter!" Then she lifted her voice and appeared to address the dragon. "Spawn of Apep! You..."

And then she paused, her head tilting slightly to one side. She sniffed the air. Her expression went from belligerant to disgusted.

"Oh. I see. A shadow. Sorcery."

Dismissing the fearsome creature completely, she looked back at Grayson, but her bearing was different. She stood straighter, her eyes were narrower and colder as she appraised him.

"So you're new to this place. Tell me, in your travels have you ever encountered another crystal, or gem, that looks like this?" She pointed to the stone in her forehead, which flickered now with an uneasy red light, like the pulsing of a heartbeat.

(OOC - Rolling Shard's save to see if she's taken in. :) [roll0])

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Oz may have been the only one to not have been surprised at the appearance of the dragon. Perhaps it was the bored expression on his face or the way he dead-panned "Oh no a dragon." This is a trick he has seen before. He looks about, taking in the suddenly vacant area. To the air he replies "Subtle, very subtle wee one. And I see by the quick decisions of the guard that not only are they fast on their feet as well as decisions, but are unable to fill out a codpiece. Ok, you said scatter, you said huddle up. Shall we call it a draw and stand in our current places?" grins the satyr.

Remove ads