D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Unsung

First Post
OOC: @Fenris That's good! That's the whole idea.

Seriously, though, not understanding the nature of what's happening or even what's being said is a big part of Planescape-- or at the very least, Sigil. Don't worry. You'll adjust. Somewhat. And this game won't be only Sigil. There'll come a point when you're the ones who know it all, and everyone else is clueless.

Pembinasa

First Post
...his wrist was seized and wrenched away from her head. The woman shoved him back against the wall and pinned him against it, her eyes furious.

"Tell me," she snarled, "where you saw this crystal, and I will forgive your transgression."

Lost in a recollection of another being's glories gone past, Graydon didn't even notice she'd moved until he was flat against the wall with her thoroughly violating his personal space, his eyes meeting her enraged own with a look of shock.

...A look which quickly turned gleeful, his face suddenly bearing a broad grin. "That was incredible. I want to do it again!" Sigh, WIZARDS. But on the plus side, his headache was gone as if it had never existed, so... good for him?

Oh, right, the threatening. "I can't be certain, mind, but I think I caught a glimpse of something similar in the Headmaster's office one time. Whether it's got the same properties as yours, I couldn't tell you- where did you get it, anyway?" Admittedly, that's almost entirely a lie- he was nearly certain the Headmaster's gewgaw had nothing to do with her version- but if she wanted to push him around when he tried to help, then she can deal with the repercussions of doing so.

OOC: Rolling Deception, 18+5=23

Moving to free himself with a surprisingly supple twist now that his erstwhile assailant had the information she demanded, Graydon shook his head and refocused his attention on the other end of the alley- where apparently they were having an impromptu 'make up new words' competition. Really should have had Comprehend Languages ready, too...

"Look," he interrupted, pushing past to catch up to the tailed fellow-Eugh, look at his hand! No, stay on topic- "I'm sure we're all terribly impressed at how well everyone can obscure their meanings, but I've heard you both speak plainly before this and now really isn't the time. If I understand the situation right, this gentlebeing is offering to show us a way out of here before some kind of unsavory people start looking for whoever threw a scare into everyone, and I for one mean to take him up on it. Don't you think you should do the same?"

Turning to the knowledgeable deformed person in front of him, Graydon smiled engagingly and hooked a couple fingers back toward his sleeve before pulling out a couple silver sovereigns, tossing them up in the air to hear their reassuring jingle when he caught them. "Please do lead on, sir, and I'll be happy to provide some 'junk' for your time and trouble."

OOC: [sblock]FYI everyone, the wizard's name is GrayDON, with a D. GraySON is Batman's old sidekick who has everyone obsessed with his ass- and while that's certainly a valid character, I'm going to at least need the Acrobatics proficiency to do him justice. :cool: [/sblock]

goatunit

Explorer
Eurid smirks before nodding to Graydon.

"This berk has the right of it," he says. With some careful thought, he manages to find his father's dialect buried somewhere in the back of his mind. "There'll be trouble along shortly, eager to bob... er, take advantage."

The paladin produces his holy symbol, though whether anyone here has heard of Kelemvor, he doesn't know.

"You can lean on me in the meantime, and we'll feel each other out someplace not in the Lady's shadow... erm, somewhere not so, eh, dangerous."

Shayuri

First Post
Shard winced and put her hand to her head briefly, wrestling with her frustration and fear. It felt so alien to her to feel this way...like an ill-fitting suit.

She looked up at the others and walked to them. Her temper seemed to have subsided considerably, and when she spoke her voice was contrite.

"I apologize...I overreacted. I really understand what I'm doing here, or even where this is. I feel like..." She looked up again and shivered. "...like I've heard of it, or...maybe dreamed of it? But it was a terrible place. Forbidden. I wouldn't think twice about it, but so little makes sense to me right now. It's hard to sort out what's real and what's not."

She made a sort of half-bow, half-curtsy to Eurid, and then to Graydon. "If you know a place that's safe to sit and talk, I would be grateful. And to you as well, who told me where I might find what I need. Thank you."

Her voice, now so earnest and humble, with none of her earlier hauteur. A strange woman indeed.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The fairy tentatively peeks out from behind the satyr, eyeing the large purplish dragon she created. "I-I am sorry, I just got scared. Something strange is in that alley." She flutters out but stays next to Oz. "We would very much like to get away from there, it's so cold and... I do not know but it felt horrible!!! So yes please, let us go someplace safe." She pauses only a moment before shyly asking, "Didn't anyone else feel that?"

[section]Hunh. Chew on dat. Goatman wit' dem horns, he heard me speakin' in his mind. And 'lil miss dere, she felt me, I knows she did. Well, den, is I real? Or is I dead? Nunh-uh. No, no, no, no sir-ree-bob, no. Cain't be dead. . . . The effigy lapsed into further silence, pondering. If'n I foller 'em, den mebbe we be seein' who dead an' who real. Shi-it, mebbe none of dem's real. While the others figured out what came next, the effigy lingered in introspection. [/section]

Unsung

First Post
The Hive's more courageous and apathetic residents dart past the alley. Across the road, a grayish, elderly-looking kobold comes out of a tenement door. He stops, and looks up in something resembling awe when he sees the dragon in the alley.

Further up the street, a fight or duel breaks out between two tall men, one of them dressed in ornate, finely tooled armour bedecked with jewels, wielding a shining sword-- the other wearing nothing but loose brown wraps, and yellowish bandages. They bow rigidly, barely even dipping their heads, not daring to break eye contact. Both of them share the same mottled yellowish-gray skin, the same distended build.

A small knot of collectors gathers around a pullcart, its load covered by a canvas tarp. It makes slow progress up the street, one wheel bigger than the other. An old woman breaks from the crowd, a wet-looking bundle wrapped in rags in both her arms. She lobs it into the back of the cart. It seems to start an argument.

A few others steal glances at the dragon, or avert their gazes, or decide to themselves that it can only be another damn fool illusionist, stirring up trouble. Life goes on.

Eurid, you think you recognize the child-sized frame in one of the collector robes. Unless it's some unfortunate collector-in-training, it's probably Nukri, a halfling with a reputation for bringing in the occasional full set of human bones for sale at the Mortuary gates-- slightly gnawed.

goatunit

Explorer
"Just a ghost, my wee chit," Eurid answers. "All bluster and hokum. Nothing to be concerned about."

Eurid gives Nukri a whistle as they approach the stinking cart.

"Oi, cutter," he says. "I need ah... let's make it ten teeth. Call it a copper?" He'll negotiate on the price.

"Any dark worth knowing?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Just a ghost, my wee chit," Eurid answers. "All bluster and hokum. Nothing to be concerned about." ?"

OOC: Is Eurid speaking to Lili here? I love the Sigil speech but I'm also having a little trouble following so want to check before I reply.

Last edited:

Unsung

First Post
OOC: @Queenie 'wee chit' = 'little girl' ;) So unless he was talking to Shard, which seems...doubtful, that was definitely him talking to you. Offering some incomprehensible words of comfort.

Remove ads