D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Pembinasa

First Post
"Hmm, it looks like we've got a bit of a break for a moment; I have to admit, I was expecting the unpleasant people to be the first ones to come back after a scare like that- speaking of, you might want to let go of Mister Purple now, Miss." Graydon spoke to the shy little fae, but his eyes kept flicking back to the man he presumed a native- the moment something goes awry, he's gone. It's never a good idea to trust to the kindness of strangers, especially when they're this strange!

At the moment, though, he's got the space to appreciate the weirdness of this grouping a little more, especially Miss Awesome Visionhead- who's apparently learned humility and started carrying herself completely different? Huh, strange. Does she have another personality locked in that rock or something? This lady's getting more curious by the second. Still, he'll match her gesture with a courteous half-bow of his own, even if there's no curtsy attempt to go with it. "By all means, well and welcome so long as you don't do it again. As for the place... this may not be the nicest part, but the city itself is a grandly impressive feat. This is Sigil, where people come from distant and absurd realms beyond all ken to pay homage to the Lady of Blades! Wander about a bit, and you'd doubtless be able to see anything and anyone if you look hard enough. It's been written this place is a waypoint between anywhere and anyone, and even though it's doubtless at least half rumor-inflated nonsense I've seen enough for myself to know it must be part fascinating truth as well!"

Cue a discreet gesture at... well, everyone and everything (politely excepting the woman herself, of course). "Such richness and diversity, how could it not be gathered to grandness?"

Unsung

First Post
Even a clipped copper is a precious thing in the Hive. The other collectors straighten and shuffle forward.

The halfling Nukri ('from a land where the sun ain't 'alf so blinking bright, piker.') turns up his face and grins. His teeth are filed to points, serrated like those of a shark, fading patterns hand-painted on every individual tooth, each of them different. "Ahh, a fine sense of 'umour on yeh, Eurid the Dustie. Givin' us the laugh yeh are, to be sure-- ten teeth for but one sovereign? 'Tain't hardly worth the pain in me shoulder to wrench the little buggers free. However," the little man stops and waves a hand with a pained expression.

"Alas, 'tis not my cart to sell aught out of, and alas and alack," he sighs, "'tis empty as a lich's breadbasket."

Indeed, the tarp appears slack over the cart, except for the slightly sticky bundle-- left behind by the old woman, even now hustling her way back up the street-- which rests in the middle of the cart.

goatunit

Explorer
"I could pull the teeth myself," Eurid offers, eyeing the bundle. He assumes it to be a dead infant, and possibly too young to have what he needs besides. "But if they're not yours to sell..."

He watches the woman who delivered the bloody parcel as she scampers off into the depths of the slum.

OOC: Correct. I'll try to be more clear about who I'm speaking to in the future. I can also provide an OOC translation, if that would be more fun for folks.

Last edited:

Unsung

First Post
Nukri follows Eurid's gaze. "Ach. There's not a tooth to be had there, yer dustiness. Just ol' Lady Svalsin's weekly delivery o' fine footwear, for us poor collectors. Bless 'er heart," the halfling says, not without irony, and sneers, and suppresses a shudder.

He waves at one of his fellows, who swipes up the bundle one-handed and lets it fall loose on the street, hurling the rags away.

A pair of boots tumble out-- no, not a pair. One is black and tall and shiny and slender, the other dusty, rainstreaked brown...with a pinkish leg-bone sticking out the top.

Shayuri

First Post
"Sigil, no," says the warrior woman distractedly to Graydon. She shakes her head and waves a hand dismissively at the buildings. "It's just the city. The city isn't the place...it's just built ON the place..."

For a moment she seems lost in thought, then looks back at him. "Names." She says it with urgency, grasping onto something concrete, something she knew ought to happen. "I'm...I'm..." Her face slackens at that, and her eyes slip away from him as she reaches up to touch the glittering stone in her forehead. broken....no...shatter...no... "I'm a shard." The words tumbled out, and she quickly backtracked. "I mean, I'm Shard. It's my name. Right now."

Finally she was unable to continue even the attempt to politely paper over her oddity and grimaced as she added, "I'm not usually like this. I can definitely say that this has been a very strange day for me. That much I know."

Unsung

First Post
"Hold, Nukri," says one of the other collectors abruptly. His voice is low and sepulchral, and he keeps fingering the peak of his hood, as if worried his face might show. Underneath the grime, his skin holds the pearlescent whiteness of fine china.

Nukri grimaces. He turns his head, but stops short of looking at the other collector head on. "Ach. Wot is it, Halo?"

The man Nukri calls Halo, tall but hunched, sways gently a moment before replying. "Do you mean to turn away good coin, friend? You and I, Nukri, yes, you and I may treasure our teeth above gold, sir, but Surok here," Halo reaches out with one languid hand and taps another collector on the shoulder, and the man flinches visibly. "...Surok has at least five loose teeth he's been harping on about. I'm sure these other fine fellows could spare something? For a little jink in their pockets? What good are teeth, after all, without anything to put between 'em, ehh?"

There is a guttural, liquid sound from beneath the hood. It would take a generous nature to recognize it as laughter.

[section]Restless, the effigy bobbed and weaved along behind Eurid, but lost its balance and unwittingly bobbed straight through a pile of refuse next to cart. Something bounced, however. Or someone. The effigy couldn't tell, save that he met resistance from some object in the middenheap. [/section]

OOC: Phasing through Drone.

Unsung

First Post
A sift of fine gray grit, seemingly ubiquitous in Sigil, falls from the trash heap. A small brown cog tips and goes rolling down the alley. A pair of fair-sized gray rats, each with strange knotty clump of what looks like bone capping their heads, disengage from behind the emerging shape in the debris and skitter away, looking put out.

The rats manage to shake away some more of the dirt. The shape of what might be a hand comes into view.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases