[SPOILERS] THE BIG BANG THEORY Mentions Gary Con

Last night in the US, the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory sitcom featured more than one reference to the Gary Con convention, and to Gary Gygax. Apparently they mentioned Gary Con twice, and Gygx at least three times. Gary Con is a gaming convention held in Lake Geneva, birthplace of TSR. The convention runs from March 26th-29th this year (tickets here).

The player at this link apparently has the episode (I can't verify, as I'm not in America and so I just get the "not available" message, but I'm reliably informed that it does). Additionally, one of the scenes can be seen in the YouTube clip, below.

[video=youtube;y9fADIP_6eM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9fADIP_6eM[/video]

zszree

First Post
Yeah. Watched the episode last night and my wife and daughter just looked at me while I was smiling SO proud they mentioned Gary Gygax and Gary Con. And I said, "Yes, I also know the name of the other co-founder of D&D. Who was from Minneapolis like us as well." =)

halfling rogue

Explorer
When he said Gary-con, I cracked up immediately and said "Gary Gygax!" and my wife looked at me like an insane person, then heard Sheldon mention Gygax, and a look of confusion came over her, and then he said he was the co-creator of D&D and my wife rolled her eyes at me (like Penny would) and said, "oh...".

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I was actually reading through my 1e books while this aired last night. My wife and I looked at each other and smiled knowingly as soon as Sheldon said that. :)

Mainly because we had a player in one of the games I reffed at our FLGS back in Indiana who was a regular attendee of GaryCon. (Sadly, I still haven't been able to muster up the time to make the pilgrimage myself. Yet.)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases