D&D 5E 5e Inventory Tracking Sheet (with Simplified Encumbrance)

ScaleyBob

Explorer
That's an awesome way of doing encumbrance. Clean, simple and easy to use and understand.

I'm going to have to put it to my players, and start using it. I've got several Str 8 PCs in my game, carrying far too much stuff, so this might be a good way of getting them to limit what they're carrying.

Under this system, how much would a Bag of Holding hold?

designbot

Explorer
That's an awesome way of doing encumbrance. Clean, simple and easy to use and understand.

I'm going to have to put it to my players, and start using it. I've got several Str 8 PCs in my game, carrying far too much stuff, so this might be a good way of getting them to limit what they're carrying.

Under this system, how much would a Bag of Holding hold?

It would take up 3 slots and give you an extra 100 slots.

ScaleyBob

Explorer
It would take up 3 slots and give you an extra 100 slots.

Fantastic. Thanks for the quick answer (although I suspect I should have been able to come up with answer if I'd really thought about it.)

Bags of Holding do rather make a mockery of any Encumbrance system. I'm slightly regretting giving my PCs one now.

Staccat0

First Post

HOLY SMOKES!

Thanks soooooo much. I am definitely gonna be using this and will definitely be singing your praises!

EDIT: I mentioned this elsewhere, but people who find it just a few slots too restrictive might consider a variant where PCs also gain or lose slots equal to their CON modifier. I think everyone would agree that it makes sense for a person with a high strength and CON to have an easier time walking around while wearing plate mail and carrying a greataxe.

Last edited:

Remove ads