D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Thank you! I do have XGtE. Just haven't had a change to read though it.

So, then, my post boils down to this:

If anyone is still accepting edits or bug reports for this incredible resource, then please consider editing the text for Swashbuckler to match the text in the published books.

I am going to edit my previous posts to remove space consuming screen captures.

Your original post is why it is important that you read your books. If you think you found a potential bug, before reporting it, grab the book that has the necessary information in it and read. You may just see that it isn't a bug at all. I am guilty of this doing this and I also read the books.

To address your suggestion concerning the text; Forge edits the text to make it smaller, so that it doesn't overwhelm Character Details boxes on the start tab and CSIV. There are already several races, classes, subclasses, backgrounds and feats that even though their text is shortened, when combine exceed the available space in the Character Details boxes.

Let this be considered a lesson learned. I will mention your suggestion to Forge.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
why do people keep saying that?

To all new and current community members,

There have been several of you that continue to ask for the password to unlock the CS. That password will not be released. I am sure there are those who know how to bypass the password, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. I have seen an unlocked version of the CS and needless to say Forge is a genius. With that being said, the formulas for the various boxes and tables are complicated and unless you know what you are doing and where to look, you will only introduce bugs within the CS (I have seen this occur).

I know that everyone wants an update version of the CS that contains material from XGtE. Please be patient, I know for a fact that Forge is still working on the CS. I do not know when it will be release, nor do I know how. Needless to say that there are community members that are in contact with Forge and I am positive we will come up with a way of getting the CS to the community members.

Did dannyboy answer your question?
If not, what do you think someone who can't remove a sheet password can do with unprotected sheets?

My post was not addressing what GMforPowergamers said. I was addressing the community as a whole, who have members that continue to ask for the password. I am merely stating that the password will not be released and for community member new and current to quit asking for it. GMforPowergamers has not been one of those members.

Conandar

Explorer
As Dannyboy7702 said, the password will NOT be given out and the password protection will NOT be removed. The passworded areas contain work that ForgedAnvil has every right to keep secret and protected. If you compare the current 2.27 to the old 1.xx versions, you can see that we already have far more ability to make changes than we used to have.

This generator is not a job, and FA does not spend 8+ hours a day updating it and doing bug fixes. It is a hobby, and things like work, family and even other hobbies can and should take precedence. Please, PLEASE, have some patience. And please do not use veiled (or not so veiled) threats about other generators doing X and/or Y things you like. If that other generator does something you like and FAs generator does not, nothing is stopping you from using that other generator. XGtE introduced a lot of new data, and it takes a lot of time to get it all entered and the generator modified to accomodate the necesary changes. I would not be at all surprised if FA is adding things besides XGtE materials, too.

SansMoins

Explorer
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Thank you! I do have XGtE. Just haven't had a change to read though it.

So, then, my post boils down to this:

If anyone is still accepting edits or bug reports for this incredible resource, then please consider editing the text for Swashbuckler to match the text in the published books.

I am going to edit my previous posts to remove space consuming screen captures.

If edits were being accepted, I don’t think this is something that needs to be changed. The sheet is doing all the math for you and giving you a short idea of what that ability is giving you.

*It is not meant to be a replacement to the books.*

Deth Halo

Villager
Yell at...erm, tell Hasbro (Wizards of the Coast) that. I wish I had an e-mail contact point to share for Hasbro, but it seems that companies don't actually want us to contact them, just read their canned (and often inadequate) FAQ. They need to know that what little they do offer is inadequate and not at all satifactory for most players.

So, we have here an exceptional tool developed by one man, on his own time, that is significantly better than the offerings from WOTC, Hasbro or Curse...
This is being now posted into a thread going back three years, and since the DCMA order (at post #3641) has had another 200-odd posts expressing displeasure...
Finding email addresses for Hasbro execs is tricky at best, but it turns out that a quick search turns up other means to contact them:

Brian D. Goldner - Chairman of the Board and CEO - LinkedIn & Twitter
Deborah M. Thomas - Executive Vice President & CFO - LinkedIn
Barbara Finigan - Executive Vice President Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary - LinkedIn & Facebook

Also Hasbro @ Twitter

I couldn't begin to guess at how much any of these means are monitored, but if someone wants to let upper management know how they feel... it's not that tricky to do.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As Dannyboy7702 said, the password will NOT be given out and the password protection will NOT be removed. The passworded areas contain work that ForgedAnvil has every right to keep secret and protected. If you compare the current 2.27 to the old 1.xx versions, you can see that we already have far more ability to make changes than we used to have.

This generator is not a job, and FA does not spend 8+ hours a day updating it and doing bug fixes. It is a hobby, and things like work, family and even other hobbies can and should take precedence. Please, PLEASE, have some patience. And please do not use veiled (or not so veiled) threats about other generators doing X and/or Y things you like. If that other generator does something you like and FAs generator does not, nothing is stopping you from using that other generator. XGtE introduced a lot of new data, and it takes a lot of time to get it all entered and the generator modified to accomodate the necesary changes. I would not be at all surprised if FA is adding things besides XGtE materials, too.

This thread is getting weirdly aggressive. Calm down, please folks.

Did dannyboy answer your question?
If not, what do you think someone who can't remove a sheet password can do with unprotected sheets?

well since I took classes in excel I can make charts, do look up macros, and increase the size of a reference chart... but I can't if it is locked with a password, and that is just off the top of my head.

look there is a world of difference between "no he wont give it out" and "If you don't know how to work around it then you are too dumb to work on it anyway"...

I if I had the password couldn't make a 'better' sheet...at best maybe I could add a new weapon or armor or skill and that's about it...I also asked once WAY back like a year ago, was told no, and just said "Ok"... because the owner and maker owe me nothing, zip zero, and they have there reason to leave it locked and I am fine with that. You can just say "no" or even ignore the question...but it is pure BS that being taught to use excel to make sheets and use the macro and chart look up and make a drop down menu (all taught to me years ago) that they teach you to remove a password (Infact my class instructor told us not to ever lock one because he couldn't unlock it if we forgot the password).

My post was not addressing what GMforPowergamers said. I was addressing the community as a whole, who have members that continue to ask for the password. I am merely stating that the password will not be released and for community member new and current to quit asking for it. GMforPowergamers has not been one of those members.

thank you, I am just wondering why people keep saying knowledge of breaking the password is needed to make any changes...I mean even just simply changing the layout of the character sheet for god sake would be simple...

Remove ads