D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
Thanks for the tip, but I don't use a mobile device (except my flip-phone). With only my left hand to use (and I was born right handed) mobile devices are less than desired user friendly. May well be useful for others, though. In my game tonight I did see two tablet devices being used, but have no idea what app they are using.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
Is this still available? Can I request it privately from someone please?

Look back a few pages and you should see where a link to the latest stable (v2.27, pre-XGE) is available. If you desire the latest (v2.28 BETA 8, buggy) beta, that may also be available, still. If you want the beta, send me an e-mail @ conandar[at]new[dot]rr[dot]com and I will see what I can do. There used to be a way to get on a mailing list that would provide a link to the latest version, but I have no idea if that is still viable, as that person handling that has gone MIA as well.

Last edited:

timberwulf12

Villager
Is it within the realm of possibility to work the content to add new races, weapons etc? Code access really to take advantage of an awesome tool and keep it going in-house?

Conandar

Explorer
There are probably ways to break/remove the password protection on START and SPELLCASTING pages, but I don't know how to do that, and I do not have the passwords. Somebody mentioned how to make the TABLES page visible, but you will have to search these forums for that, and it is really just a bunch of tables with no documentation attached.

It would take some real excel expertise to add new classes (as opposed to sub-classes), so adding new classes such as the Blood Hunter, Mystic or Artificer would be a serious set of challenges. There are other parts that are hard coded and do not meet the needs of some of the newer official materials (for example, only two domain/expansion spells per spell level). Other parts can be "hacked" in with a combination of using the CUSTOM page and some excel formulae-kungfu.

If you can not make this generator fit your needs, you may want to look into the free program Aurora Builder, which has basic 5th edition support and a community supported extension for what they can not legally support. A Non-free option that I like is Hero Lab, which also provides basic 5th edition support and a community project to support the rest. Neither are as "clean" as this generator, in my opinion. Of course, you can also use DDB if you don't mind their limitations (subscription preferred, buying sourcebooks [again], tied to internet access, etc).

The WotC/Hasbro lawyers have struck hard, and the wound is grevious.

Zerrian

Explorer
Problem in beta 8.

Level 7 Bard Swords college. It says I'm now proficient with medium armor and it's correctly reported in my proficiencies on character sheet 1 but when equipping a Half plate which is medium, it says I'm not proficient. and it says the same thing for all other medium armor. It's not really a big problem since i can just ignore it.

I was able to break the password protection and started looking at some errors. One such error is in the Custom tab and setting the abilities as your class levels up, this was a problem in the Beta 8 but not in 2.27. In regards to the above. I've found the error and it turns out there was a missing series of evaluations for the Swords college and adding the proficiency for all medium armor. I've fixed this but will be looking into other errors to fix that have been reported here, working backwards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases