D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First of all great work. I have a small issue though. I play a Tiefling and though I can select 'Thaumaturgy' from the cantrip select-list, I cannot select 'Hellish Rebuke' or 'Darkness'. This is a small problem, but I decided to mention it nevertheless ;)

Also 'Thieve's cant' should probably be automatically added to the 'Character Sheet I / Languages' -box if your character happens to be a rogue.

Thanks for the feedback. Corrected 'Hellish Rebuke' and 'Darkness'. Issue found with Thieve's cant not showing up for Class Languages in the Start sheet, updated for V1.13

For now you can just type the spell for Hellish Rebuke and Darkness into the Spellcasting sheet. Likewise with Thieve's cant, you can type (or select I believe) from the languages list

Last edited:

dragon3y3

First Post
Found a weird bug today. When editing attacks in the OVERRIDES section, if you enter say 120 in the range field, it does not show up at all under attacks on "Character Sheet I".

DrPenguin

First Post
I love your sheet and have started to convert some of my fellow adventurers to using it. It has proven itself incredibly valuable by allowing us to find bonuses that we'd missed when filling out the standard sheet by hand. However, while using it, we have found a few errors. I don't mean any disrespect by pointing them out. I feel your character generator is the best we've found, and we just want to help you make it even better.

Typos:
Start page:
ABILITITY SCORES > ABILITY SCORES
BRACLETS > BRACELETS
PROFICENT > PROFICIENT
Gold (GP > Gold (GP)

Character Sheet I:
PECEPTION > PERCEPTION
BRACLETS > BRACELETS
SHOUDLERS > SHOULDERS

Character Sheet II:
POSSESIONS > POSSESSIONS (Twice)

Calculation errors:
It is always including a Draconic Sorcerer’s Elemental Affinity in damage calculations. The trait is not gained until level 6. For an example check Fire Bolt with a red dragon.

The Monk’s Martial Arts trait is not being calculated with weapons. It allows Monks to use Dexterity instead of Strength for attack and damage rolls when using unarmed strikes and mink weapons (short swords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I love your sheet and have started to convert some of my fellow adventurers to using it. It has proven itself incredibly valuable by allowing us to find bonuses that we'd missed when filling out the standard sheet by hand. However, while using it, we have found a few errors. I don't mean any disrespect by pointing them out. I feel your character generator is the best we've found, and we just want to help you make it even better.

Typos:
Start page:
ABILITITY SCORES > ABILITY SCORES
BRACLETS > BRACELETS
PROFICENT > PROFICIENT
Gold (GP > Gold (GP)

Character Sheet I:
PECEPTION > PERCEPTION
BRACLETS > BRACELETS
SHOUDLERS > SHOULDERS

Character Sheet II:
POSSESIONS > POSSESSIONS (Twice)

Calculation errors:
It is always including a Draconic Sorcerer’s Elemental Affinity in damage calculations. The trait is not gained until level 6. For an example check Fire Bolt with a red dragon.

The Monk’s Martial Arts trait is not being calculated with weapons. It allows Monks to use Dexterity instead of Strength for attack and damage rolls when using unarmed strikes and mink weapons (short swords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property)

Great feedback, these are now fixed in V1.14 (check and let me know if any issues)

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Love this generator!
Small request: add Aarakocra and Auran as language choices.

Thanks for the feedback.

Added to V1.15:
- Aarakocra
- Auran (Air)
- Aquan (Water)
- Ignan (Fire)
- Terran (Earth)

For now you can type these into the language section (or any other language)

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
This isn't a bug but more of a request, and frankly I don't have an idea of how to fix this problem other than to make the print even smaller. With the spells, 20 slots isn't enough to cover the number of spells available to many classes, particularly at 1st and 2nd levels. I had thought possibly shrinking the 8th and 9th level lists, but that just moves the problem onto the Wizard class. Is there a way to change the spell list area so that I can list ALL of the spells of each level?

This is a challenge, there are 2 scenarios that I can see that you can't quite fit all spells in. I'm excluding the Wizard spells as it is very unlikely that a Wizard gains access to all spells (though there is room for quite a few). The Cleric has an issue with 3rd level spells and Druid at 2nd level (includes domain / land spells). At the moment users need to determine which spells are of least importance / use in the campaign they are playing and exclude these from the list (although users can swap out spells as required). The cleric and druid still need to "prepare" spells each day to cast and this time can be done to quickly review all spells and change as required.

Changing the layout of Character Sheet III is also challenging as Spell Level 1-3 fit nicely on the left half and 4-9 fit nicely on the right half, having some 3rd level on the left and some 3rd level on the right is not ideal. I've pushed the row height down as far a possible to still maintain ease of viewing and pen/paper printouts. I'll think on it some more and if I find a way I'll implement it.

SpellTable.jpg

Remove ads