Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A bunch of family basically invited themselves over for Easter dinner, so I'm doing prep work for cooking most of a big meal for 12-20 people. At least a couple of them have volunteered to bring stuff besides their appetites- my maternal aunt is cooking a huge ham and some sweet potatoes...that we bought, but hey! I don't have to cook them.

Besides that, I'm doing turnip greens, a brisket in a mushroom gravy, a pasta & cheese casserole, a raw veg mix tossed in salad dressing*, a fruit salad, an Apple pie blitz, and making a cheese board- possibly with some diced sausage cubes.

* broccoli, carrots & cauliflower- a.k.a. California mix or what you'd find on a veggie appetizer tray from your local grocery- probably with ranch dressing. I have enough veg mix that I might make 2 different ones, though.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
We're busy preparing lamb shoulder with aubergine and courgette. As our children will be getting some kind of carnard d'orange instead, we can use all the spices we love, prominently featuring but not limited to garlic and ginger.

The 2006 Rijoa has already been dectanded. I'm very much looking forward to dinner tonight!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Usually, when we plan a shindig, we end up getting fewer guests than expected. And when an event just materializes at our house, we get MORE attendees.

Well, this spontaneous Easter dinner is shaping up to be the flipside of that. One guy has a virus, so isn't showing. But at least 4 people we expected to show still haven't.

Bonus: my paternal aunt brought a roast and several tubs of beans.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I sat at home all day with a stomach bug. Even missed church service.

Last edited:

Dioltach

Legend
We just had our Easter dinner: rack of lamb with a mint and pea risotto.

Speaking of risotto, my store of safron is running low. I bought about half a pound in a small town in Egypt years ago for next to nothing, both regular safron and Nubian safron. I've got used to having an enormous stash of it, and now all of a sudden I'm having to ration it or else start paying European prices.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases