CERAMIC D.M. Final Judgements In- New Champion! - Page 20
  1. #191
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Mirth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ashevegas
    Posts
    2,091
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Mirth


    Friend+
    Originally posted by NiTessine
    thank you, mirthcard, for the challenge. *Shakes his adversary's hand*
    Right back at you NiT You rentry was really well done and even if I had more time on mine, I don't think I could have outmatched you. Well-deserved congratulations from me. I rooting for you to go the distance and join me in the winner's circle.

    How is the Slaine book? I've been thinking of running my first PbP game (I play in several but I haven't run one yet) and I think I'm gonna make it Celtic Arthurian. I'm getting my master's in literature and my focus is on pre-christian Arthurian sources. Do you think Slaine is worth getting for that kind of campaign? I've got the AD&D 2E Celtic sourcebook and I've bookmarked Vincent's 3E conversion of much of that material, and I'm also thinking of using Chaosium's Boy King from their Pendragon game if I can find my copy. As a last note, would you be interested in joining such a game if I actually get off my can and start it? I'll save you a slot if you are.

    To bring the thread back on track - Good luck NiT and good luck to everyone else. I'll be watching...

    Jay

  2. #192
    mirthcard had one heck of a run...definetely a hall of famer for his early domination of genre.

    i assume he is not retiring permanently

  3. #193
    Congradulations to everyone who passed on to the second round. I bow to you Speaker, your word fu is mighty.

    "Stilted, your saying I'm stilted?" bonus points if you know where the quote comes from.

  4. #194
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    NiTessine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    1,548
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block NiTessine


    Friend+
    Originally posted by mirthcard
    How is the Slaine book? I've been thinking of running my first PbP game (I play in several but I haven't run one yet) and I think I'm gonna make it Celtic Arthurian. I'm getting my master's in literature and my focus is on pre-christian Arthurian sources. Do you think Slaine is worth getting for that kind of campaign? I've got the AD&D 2E Celtic sourcebook and I've bookmarked Vincent's 3E conversion of much of that material, and I'm also thinking of using Chaosium's Boy King from their Pendragon game if I can find my copy. As a last note, would you be interested in joining such a game if I actually get off my can and start it? I'll save you a slot if you are.
    Celtic Arthurian..? I have trouble wrapping my mind around this concept.

    In any case, while Sline is an excellent work on its own right, it is not really D&D-compatible, at least not without some major reworking. The magic system is completely different, for one thing, and the monsters don't have any Challenge Ratings.

    Sline portrays an Iron Age Celtic setting with magic. It's got rules for stuff like flint and iron weapons. Rules for getting magic power from human sacrifices. In fact, one of the core classes, the Witch, gets sacrificial feats for free at certain levels.

    Have you read the reviews at the main site? You should. They are quite invaluable.

    As for a play-by-post game... No thanks. They move way too slowly for my liking. I do play IRC games, though.

    And now I'll bugger off from spamming this thread and start figuring out a plotline.

  5. #195
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Mirth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ashevegas
    Posts
    2,091
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Mirth


    Friend+
    Originally posted by NiTessine
    Celtic Arthurian..? I have trouble wrapping my mind around this concept.
    The Arthurian legend has its origins in Celtic, pre-Christian myths. For some excellent treatises on the subject, see if your local library has Roger Sherman Loomis' books, The Grail: From Celtic Myth To Christian Symbol (ISBN# 0691020752) and Celtic Myth & Arthurian Romance (ISBN# 0838305865) and for early Celtic / Welsh Arthurian stories find a copy of The Mabinogion translated by Jones & Jones (ISBN# 0460872974). All good stuff to wrap your head around!

    Originally posted by NiTessine
    As for a play-by-post game... No thanks. They move way too slowly for my liking. I do play IRC games, though.
    That's cool, just wanted to offer. No time for IRC unfortunately My only gaming outlet right now is PbP. Thanks for the advice on Slaine. I guess I'm gonna have to splurge for it, although my pocket doesn't like it. At least I still have my retail account so I can get it for 40% off

    Good luck again!
    Last edited by mirthcard; Tuesday, 11th March, 2003 at 02:12 AM.

  6. #196
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Mirth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ashevegas
    Posts
    2,091
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Mirth


    Friend+
    Originally posted by alsih2o
    mirthcard had one heck of a run...definetely a hall of famer for his early domination of genre.

    i assume he is not retiring permanently
    Thanks for the kind words, Clay.

    And no, I'm too young to retire

  7. #197
    I'm here. Just forgot to check this thread today.

    Ready for round 2.

  8. #198
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Speaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    185
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Speaker


    Friend+
    Taladas: Very well done, and I agree with the judge's comments that your tale not only handled the pictures well, but presented itself excellently in regards to the theme of revenge. I may have defeated you twice, but I would never bet on defeating you thrice.

    I'm in judges. Thanks for your comments- I have to say that you hit your mark every time, and your analysis agreed with my own gut feelings on my piece.

    And now I face Nobeard. I just hope I'm up to the challenge.

  9. #199
    well, i hope oyu guys are awake, cause here it comes

    barrend nobeard vs speaker semifinals

    pic 1
    Attached Files Attached Files  

  10. #200
    barrend nobeard vs speaker

    pic 2
    Attached Files Attached Files  

+ Log in or register to post
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ceramic Dm (final judgement posted, New Champion announced!)
    By alsih2o in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: Monday, 13th September, 2004, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 332
    Last Post: Wednesday, 7th April, 2004, 07:41 AM
  3. Replies: 239
    Last Post: Saturday, 28th June, 2003, 09:34 AM
  4. CERAMIC D.M. the final judgement is in!
    By alsih2o in forum Archive-threads
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: Monday, 27th January, 2003, 07:27 PM
  5. ceramic d.m. final judgement posted
    By alsih2o in forum Archive-threads
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: Friday, 3rd January, 2003, 03:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •