Question about "Seas of Blood"

Doc Century

First Post
We are starting up a seafaring campaign very soon, and I understand there is a Buccaneer prestige class in "Seas of Blood". Does anybody know what the requirements for this are? I plan on buying the book eventually, but I need to make up my character before I'll probably get the chance.

Thanks!
Doc

Doc Century said:
We are starting up a seafaring campaign very soon, and I understand there is a Buccaneer prestige class in "Seas of Blood". Does anybody know what the requirements for this are? I plan on buying the book eventually, but I need to make up my character before I'll probably get the chance.

Thanks!
Doc

BAB: +3
Ability Score: Charisma 13+
Skills: Balance 6 ranks, Swim 6 ranks, Tumble 6 ranks

The Buccaneer class is a 10 level Prestige Class, with one class ability at each level. Skill points per level are 4 + Int modifier.

[edit - fix typo]

Last edited:

Doc Century

First Post
Thanks!

Thanks, Barendd!

Sounds like a pretty easy class to qualify for. If you don't mind me pestering you again, are the class abilities fairly good? I'm not looking for a combat machine or anything, just a good solid class for playing a ship-captain somewhere down the line.:)

Doc

Re: Thanks!

Doc Century said:
Thanks, Barendd!

Sounds like a pretty easy class to qualify for. If you don't mind me pestering you again, are the class abilities fairly good? I'm not looking for a combat machine or anything, just a good solid class for playing a ship-captain somewhere down the line.:)

Doc

All of the abilities revolve around the ship. For example, some help sailing based skills, such as +2 to Climb while on board a ship (1st level ability Shipboard Climbing) and +2 to all Seamanship checks (4th level ability).

And at 3rd level, the Buccaneer can uses his "Witty Repartee" ability to lower an opponent's morale (-2 to attack). This is the one ability that is not to being on a ship.

Remove ads