Pathfinder 1E High-level Pathfinder Planar Game: The Lich-Queen's Beloved

This is where I emphasize two things:

1) This game is going to require a collective effort on everyone's part to be patient and help one another work through rules. I know I'm not the only one to be play-testing high-level mechanics for the first time.

2) Your character submissions MUST use the character sheet format in the OP. I'll be reviewing multiple 18th-level characters with eclectic builds, so I ask that you make a good-faith effort to standardize your submission as much as possible.

Shayuri

First Post
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe? I am looking for the 3.5e stats for the race...not sure which book it's in! It's not in the ExPsiHandbook or Complete Psionics...

If anyone has access to Dungeon Magazine #100, July 2003, on the Polyhedron side of that issue is a killer article about githyanki classes and weapons that I will happily allow anyone to use.

At a minimum, here are the stats from the article for Githyanki:

[sblock=Githyanki]Personality: Githyanki are a living contradiction: ruthlessly cruel and sadistically violent toward almost all non-githyanki, but unfailingly polite, respectful, and even refined among their own kind. The key to this paradox is their self-identity: the githyanki have never forgotten that they were slaves of the mind flayers for generations, and they blame everyone but themselves for that fact. A thousand years of hatred and resentment has corrupted the entire culture. The denizens of the Lower Planes are perhaps the only creatures the githyanki ever count as allies; they have an ancient pact with a red dragon consort of Tiamat, and ally with demons and devils more often than with any other race.

Physical Description: Githyanki appear superficially human, similar in size and proportion. Tall and gaunt, they average 6.25' tall and typically weigh around 170#. They possess rough, leathery skin, pale yellow in color, and red or black hair. Their black eyes are sunken deep into long, angular skulls, and their noses are small and highly placed. Their ears are pointed and serrated in back. Githyanki favor elaborate dress and baroque armor.

Alignment: Githyanki are usually evil.

Religion: Githyanki owe allegiance to their Lich-Queen alone, who forbids the worship of deities among her people.

Language: Githyanki speak their own language, which they treat as a sacred secret, never using it around members of other races. They also sometimes speak Common, and many know Draconic as well. Bonus languages include: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Undercommon, and Common.[/sblock]

Githyanki Racial Traits: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom.
Size: Medium
Speed: 30'
Darkvision: 30'
Psionics: 3/day--daze humanoid and mage hand. In addition, githyanki of 3rd level or higher can use blur 3/day. Githyanki of 6th level or higher can use dimension door 3/day. Githyanki of 9th level or higher can use telekinesis 3/day and plane shift 1/day. These abilities are as the spells cast by a sorcerer of the githyanki's level. The DCs are Charisma-based.
Spell Resistance: SR 5, +1 per character level
Extraplanar: Although Githyanki are humanoids, they are native to the Astral Plane and are thus susceptible to banishment and similar spells when they are on other planes.
Level Adjustment: +2
Favored Class: Fighter
Vital Statistics: Githyanki live roughly twice as long as humans, nearly 200 years, although their aging process is distorted by the timelessness of the Astral Plane. Githyanki eggs are hatched and young githyanki reared on the Material Prime.

Adulthood 20 years
Bbn/Rog/Soc +1d8 years​
Brd/Ftr/Pal/Rgr +2d6 years​
Clr/Drd/Mnk/Wiz +4d6 years​

Middle Age 75 years​
Old Age 113 years​
Venerable 150 years​

Random Height and Weight
Githyanki, male 5'4" + 2d10; 115# x (2d4)​
Githyanki, female 4'11" + 2d10; 80# x (2d4)​

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I bet you did!

look, I am sorry, I had better not get in a game rigght now. I REALLY ^ Nth want to be in this game,but I am still trying to get back home.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Hmm. Rethinking the dragon thing. At that level, a dragon is actually going to be a liability and/or have to rely on magic items and I despise relying on magic items. :p

I shall have to set aside my penchant for weird characters for this game and go with something with a little more...oomph.

I noticed you listed the 3.0 psionics handbook. Would it be ok to use the 3.5 psionics SRD instead?

Remove ads