FFG's STAR WARS License Renewed - and Includes Episode 7!

There's not much that has come out of GAMA yet (although I'm sure some stuff will), but word has reached me that Fantasy Flight Games - which produces Edge of the Empire and other Star Wars RPGs - has had its license renewed. Not only that, but the license includes material from Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

Edge of the Empire was released in 2012, and has two sequels: Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny (the beginner game of which is apparently at the printer right now, and the full game expected May-ish).

pic1774201.jpg

bone_naga

Explorer
So far my group has been playing with just one set of dice. It hasn't been an issue any more than just one set of dice was a problem for D&D. The really large dice pools don't seem to come up that often, and if they do, grab a die that you already rolled, remember the result, and roll it again.

vegaserik01

First Post
Yeah, this is what put me off buying the game for a long time - I finally bought "Edge of the Empire" last Friday, and I am glad I did.

Though... €15 for a single dice pack? Of which a player will need at least two to create a full dice pool? Ouch!

That's why the Beginner Boxes are so cool, not much more then a dice pack and you get a whole adventure, counters, and some pre-gens with it. I bought 2 dice packs and got 2 in the EotE and AoR boxes.

bone_naga

Explorer
That's why the Beginner Boxes are so cool, not much more then a dice pack and you get a whole adventure, counters, and some pre-gens with it. I bought 2 dice packs and got 2 in the EotE and AoR boxes.
Yeah the beginner box was great. I like how the adventure really set the party up for any follow-on adventure the GM wants to lead them to, although the free sequel adventure from the website certainly isn't bad.

Chimpy

First Post
I'm actually going to retract my dislike for the dice system - I think I just had the wrong type of players the first time I tried it. After having run the system a few times with some good role players, I actually find it a refreshing change and I have grown to like it a lot. I really like the way the system lends itself to the group collectively narrating a story.

Having a dice roller that summarises the result speeds things up a bit.

aramis erak

Legend
It's certainly not for everyone, [MENTION=99474]Chimpy[/MENTION] , but it's a good and robust engine.(Says the guy with his name in two published products and a big stack of books...)

aramis erak

Legend
Hopefully this will force them to change their error of the Lightsaber Pike as the shadow guard is no longer canon, and the jedi guardians are.

The Guardians book includes it for Temple Guardians as well, not instead of.

There has always been a presumption of a lightsaber type weapon on the pike-like weapons carried by the red guards...
And force pikes have enough "legends" and Legos appearances...

FFG has been including a wide range of stuff from outside the current canon (which is JUST 7 films, and 3 seasons of TV, with the seventh being out for only a couple weeks now.)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases