Fantasy Flight Games is Doing Very Well, Thank You!

This chart from a Fantasy Flight seminar at GAMA just struck a chord with me.
Which chord? Was it D minor, the saddest of all keys?

473520445_640.jpg

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Many companies at GAMA hold presentations. Most of them tell industry peers about upcoming plans and about sales and other figures for the last year. Fantasy Flight Games is no exception, and they showed a graph of some phenomenal recent growth, no doubt partly buoyed by great licenses including Star Wars, and boardgames for properties like Battlestar Galactica, World of Warcraft, Game of Thrones, and - of course, Warhammer RPGs of various flavours. The graph only goes up to 2014, though is cites 65% US growth and 35% growth outside the US, with really steep growth appearing to kick in somewhere around 2010.

(Photo from @WatchItPlayed)

ronaldsf

Explorer
The uneven spacing of the horizontal bars actually suggests that the Y axis is not evenly distributed. I don't deny that their sales are increasing; I do think this graph is visually deceiving, however.

MartyW

Explorer
It's not a peeve to ask for charts that are more informative than the bare minimum.

I'm not surprised FFG removed actual numbers from their sales reports. So many companies in the game industry are secretive about their actual revenue if they don't have to report to public shareholders.

I think what's most telling is that they were on a growth curve prior to 2011. However, after gaining the Star Wars license in 2011, that curve went ballistic.

God

Adventurer
+1 internets to RangerWickett and ronaldsf. The chart is like a bad photoshop job in which the bendy door-frames are showing.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases