Do you trust the people you game with?

Do you trust the people you game with?

• Yes, 100%. They can come to the table playing a chair and I know we will all have fun.

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Most of the them. However, there are a few I need to keep an eye on. So, I have to restict them in

Votes: 107 46.1%
  • About half the time or half of them I can trust. So, there has to be a clear set of what's allowed

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • I really can't trust many of them, so the restrictions are many and firm. But we are better for the

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I cannot trust a single one of them.

Votes: 6 2.6%

Seule

Explorer
I've played with gamers that I couldn't trust. Die cheats, charsheet cheats, people who base a character entirely on how powerful they will be. I don't play with those people any more. I trust the people I play with.

--Seule

Airwolf

First Post
I had to vote for #2.

I would have voted 100% trust but there is one player who always wants to play an evil character. He usually sets about trying to kill everything, both monsters and townsfolk.

If he can't play evil he picks a paladin and plays the stereotypical annoying arrogant SOB that we all love to hate in the paladin class.

The rest of the players are great about creating characters that are fun for them and productive members of the party.

Sixchan

First Post
Hmm...trust is an odd thing. I'd trust all of my players with my life, but there's one that REALLY wants to play an assassin. Even though we're playing your standard 'we are the heroes, we roll for initiative' campaign. To keep him happy, I might start an evil campaign some time, and come to think of it, this is probably one of those REAL tests.

If my players can create Evil characters who don't just kill everything, and have a motivation for being evil, then I would say I fully trust them.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If you mean in real life no. The ones in my games, sure. But I put the restrictions more for FLAVOR than for anything. They give me good reasons, I'm pretty much a softie. :)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I voted "most of the time", but my current gamers are all 100%. They work together to build and interesting and fun party that won't fall apart within a few sessions.

But I have some in my "extended" game family that need to be reigned in occasionally.

Hejdun

First Post
Well, depends. If we trusted the DM not to slaughter us if we went a little soft on power, then I don't think our group would have a problem with not min/maxing. If, however, there was an abnormally high death rate, then we as a group are excellent at powermunching characters. We had one instance where we had... I think 12 deaths before we hit level 10. Needless to say, the party was munched to the gills when we turned the corner into the double digit levels.

Crothian

First Post
So far I must say the results suprise me. With all the talk of limiting PCs and PCs question their DM's I really expected a much different set of results.

Crothian

First Post
Henry said:
As with all polls, the people you WANT to answer may not ever answer it. :)

Or it might be that people aren't going to accurately post how well they trust their gaming group. Hard to say.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases