Play by Post ASOIAF RPG - Dance with Dragons Recruiting

Harlath

Explorer
Please find below a link to the play by post A Song of Ice and Fire RPG forum game I'm looking to start in Mid April.

Play be post newcomers and veterans alike both welcome.

If you're keen to take part but need a hand in character creation there are pregenerated characters or experienced players can help you.

Questions welcome.

http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/index.php

Welcome to Dragon's Dance, a play by post forum for the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game by Green Ronin. It is set over 170 years before the events of the novels/television series.

The year is 124 After Landing (AL), with tensions running high - King Viserys Targaryen is old and infirm, and followers of the two most powerful women in the Kingdoms have already begun to maneuver themselves for the succession. Queen Alicent, a daughter of House Hightower, has given King Viserys a son and leads the Andal traditionalist faction known as the "Greens". They insist a son of any age should come before a woman.

Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen leads the opposing "Blacks", named for the striking black gown she worn in 111 AL's tourney, in opposition to the green dress down by Queen Alicent. Rhaenyra is the King's oldest surviving child, born from his first marriage to a Arryn noble.

Players have the option of representing one of seven noble houses, with a small number of places open to (currently!) unaligned wanderers, vagabonds and hedge knights.

With tensions high, the opportunities for advancement and disaster are high - will our players serve the traditionalist Greens, take the side of the Blacks and the eldest daughter, strive for peace or for personal gain? Or perhaps, in the game of thrones they are not players at all but simply pieces...

Step by step character creation guide:

http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=25

New forum as forumatic is shutting down!
http://dragonsdance.forumotion.co.uk/

New character creation section
http://dragonsdance.forumotion.co.uk...creation-guide

Last edited:

Harlath

Explorer
I was a player in that and the similarly fun Blood in the Water, but not the creator.

Think of this as a spiritual sequel, trying to learn from the things that went right and went wrong. The events for every day are already written, so much less danger of burnout.

Delighted to see any familiar faces from either of the previous games!

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...I was Amerei in the Southron game. Might be interesting to poke my head back in. Sadly, I learned almost nothing about how this system actually works, since I didn't really do much besides RP...but I still have the books around here somewhere...

Harlath

Explorer
System is very simple and everyone is happy to help. :)

The forum has a link to the free quick start PDF rules if you need a handy refresher.

We've got a decent list of PCs even though the forum has only been live for a week. There are lots of interesting pre-generated characters or we'd be happy to help you cook up a custom character.

House Bartheld
- Nathaniel Mason
- Ser Jon Oldring

House Coldbrook
- Ser Jorah Holt
- Garret Snow

House Dulver
None

House Kytley
None

House Marsten
- Ser Colin Corbray

House Tullison
- Lord Dunstan Tullison
- Ser Theomore Tullison
- Ser Benedict "Ben" Blackthorne

Unaligned/TBD
- Ser Gaerys Waters [TBD]

Harlath

Explorer
Hooray! We've only got one female cohort, balance is welcome. Lots of interestingly placed pre-generated female characters, or we can work up a custom character.

Welcome back.

Harlath

Explorer
We've started and we're on schedule! It's day 2 now:

- gifts to the queen and princess to show where your allegiance lies
- the royal hunt
- the opening pageant - heralds praise their House's champion while knights ride at rings to win glory!

People are welcome to join during the game - understand if people waited due to fears over whether it would get off the ground. The tourney format lends itself to new characters arriving.

House Bartheld
  • Nathaniel Mason
  • Ser Jon Oldring
  • Ser Tristain Croson

House Coldbrook
  • Ser Jorah Holt
  • Garret Snow
  • Daveth Coldbrook
  • Loreia Merrgal

House Dulver
  • None

House Kytley
  • None

House Longshore
  • Leifnarr Longshore
  • Yoren Longshore

House Marsten
  • Gwyneth Marsten
  • Ser Baelon Waters

House Tullison
  • Lord Dunstan Tullison
  • Ser Theomore Tullison
  • Ser Benedict "Ben" Blackthorne
  • Ser Mather Warrens

Unaligned/TBD
  • None

Harlath

Explorer
Forumatic is shutting down so I've updated the first post with a link to the new forum. The third story, sees the calendar advance to 127AL and King Viserys I launch a War in the Stepstones in an attempt to unify the quarrelling Greens and Blacks against a common foe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases