[MEG] The Players Archive is coming---Players everywhere rejoice!--Cover revealed

MEG Hal

First Post
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Hal Greenberg
Mystic Eye Games
hal@mysticeyegames.com

THE EVOLUTION OF PLAYER’S SUPPLEMENTS IS HERE

Mystic Eye Games Teams up with Phillip Reed for the Players Archive

March 6th, 2003 (Tampa, FL.)—Mystic Eye Games takes the next step and takes character record sheets to the next level. This player supplement will be for the revised edition of the world’s most popular role playing game as well as all of the d20 settings available.

What is the Players Archive you ask?

Your character is more than a handful of loose pages with scribbles so why are you still using sheets of lined paper to record your characters statistics and deeds? You need something befitting a hero. Something more than plain lined paper available at the local megamart.

You need the Player’s Advantage. This specially designed character sheet and journal is 32 pages of everything you need to record your character’s game stats, favorite ale, and the name of that very first shadowy figure you and your comrades met in your first ever tavern meeting. You never know when that stuff will come in handy!

Including not only everything you need to record your character’s game information, this 32 page book also includes:
Room for listing friends, allies, and enemies. An area for rumors and possible leads.
Pages to record a spellcaster’s known spells including a way to note which spells are currently prepared. Space for adventure notes so that you can get the tale right the next time you’re in the tavern.

The Player’s Archive is custom-designed for the newest version of the D20 System. No need to write rules changes in your book since we’ve done all of the work for you!

“This has been a pet project of mine since I started in the RPG business, I am so happy that Phil has a similar idea and together we are making this dream into reality. The advantage of Phil’s work is he will create pdf web supplements for this item to get even more specific for those that want a class super detailed, it is a great mix and we are having a blast doing this project.” stated Hal Greenberg VP of Mystic Eye Games.

“I’ve been playing RPGs for about twenty years now,” Reed said, “and I still remember my first character. Part of what I remember about him is the journal that I kept, chronicling his exploits and misadventures. This project gives me a chance to remember that very first character sheet/journal that I designed. I've made better journals since then but
that one is still special since it was my first.”

Mystic Eye Games is a premiere d20 publisher of such fan-favorite, award-nominated settings as The Hunt: Rise of Evil and Bluffside: City on the Edge. In addition, Mystic Eye Games has produced other popular d20 lines such as Foul Locales (Urban Blight, Beyond the Walls), Arcane Mysteries (Blight Magic, Wild Spellcraft, Necromancer’s Legacy), licensed Dragonstar adventures (Raw Recruits, Heart of the Machine), and the non-d20 smash hit product Giant Monster Rampage. Find out more about Mystic Eye Games at http://www.mysticeyegames.com.

Philip Reed is an Origins Award nominated game designer (Steve Jackson
Games’ Frag), creator of the controversial Vigilante non-game (also from
Steve Jackson Games), and contributor to products from Atlas Games, West
End Games, and Scrye Magazine. You can find out more about Philip,
including information on his best-selling D20 PDFs, at http://www.philipjreed.com.

###

©2003 Mystic Eye Games.

Attachments

• players arch2.jpg
    players arch2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
Excellent... I'll have to buy one for each of my players, even though they have many of them. It'll be nice for a fresh campaign, I think...

Chris

MEG Hal

First Post
thundershot said:
Excellent... I'll have to buy one for each of my players, even though they have many of them. It'll be nice for a fresh campaign, I think...

Chris

That is the idea my friend, that is the idea!!! :D

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Differences . . .

D20Dazza said:
So what's the difference between this and the Green Ronin Character Folio?

http://www.greenronin.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=1008

The Green Ronin Character Record Folio is an excellent product that will work perfectly for your D20 characters. It's designed for use with the original D20 system release and is a supplement that every player should consider.

The Players Archive, being what it is, has a lot in common with the Green Ronin Character Record Folio. Where things begin to get different is when you realize that this product is twice the size of GR's product. As just a taste, there's room for detailed write-ups of rumors and events, space to detail your character's keep or stronghold, and a selection of questions and guidelines that help you to better define your character during creation without leading you by the nose.

The Players Archive is designed for use during game sessions. No background screens stand between you and reading the information you're written down. And the amount of room to write in is larger than on most other character sheets making it possible to write comfortably if you're anything like me (I usually have problems writing equipment on a standard character sheet).

PDF support, in the form of short PDFs designed to assist you in the creation of the eleven base character classes, will also be available. If you want to play a fighter just buy a copy of the Players Archive and head over to www.rpgnow.com and spend a few bucks on "Players Archive Expansion: Fighters." You won't have to deal with Monk-specific information if you don't want to play a monk.

Perhaps the best thing is the fact that the entire product is being designed around the new edition of the D20 rules. When you purchase your new core books at GenCon you'll be able to walk right over and grab an in-depth character sheet and journal. Or, if you can't make it to GenCon, just grab everything from your favorite local game store.

Terraism

Explorer
It sounds like these are going to be very, very nice - exactly what I'd be looking for, except... they're to be written in by hand. That's the primary reason I never picked up the GR Character Folio; I love sheets that I can type on on the computer. I know this is pretty insensible, but what're the odds of seeing this as perhaps a PDF with forms? I don't know about others, but I'd be willing to pay more than $10 for this as a giant PDF form... mmm, character sheet goodness! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases