Diplomatic Adventures/Modules

reveal

Adventurer
I am looking to run my players through some adventures that are much less H&S and much more about Role Playing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to published adventures/modules out there that allow for this?

Thanx!

Crothian

First Post
The first half of three days to kills is pretty role playing intensive. THe second hald is an assult on a villa, so not too much role playing there although there could be with not too much work.

LostSoul

Adventurer
It might be better to go with a home-made adventure. That way you can work in your own recurring NPCs and and tailor the plot to the PCs.

Don't wrap everything up at the end, either. Leave hooks dangling all over the place.

reveal

Adventurer
What about mystery or solve-the-murder scenarios? I know I've seen a few out there but I can't remember the names.

Drawmack

First Post
I have run entire campaigns like this. They are great fun, I do have a couple of suggestions.

1) Write your own stuff, published adventures in this vein tend to steam roll the players.

2) Cities are good, city states are better and Freeport rocks.

3) For each adventure make the ending a battle of some sort. For example. A noble's child turns up missing. Through much role-playing and investigation the PCs discover slavers have kidnapped the child. In the end the PCs battle the slavers. Without the climactic battle the game tends to get a little boring. It's also a good idea to throw in little fights from time to time. Maybe the local authorities are upset with the usurpers and goad them into a bar room brawl.

4) Make sure your players are into deep immersion, it is necessary for adventures of this type.

LostSoul

Adventurer
If you post your characters in the Plots & Places forum, I'm sure you'll find a lot of ideas for making your own adventure.

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
I have one, but it is VERY strongly tied to my campaign setting: http://www.murchadslegacy.com/tourney.htm

I suggest that you build your factions like a four-squre grid

xAB
C12
D34

1 is AC
2 is BC
3 is AD
4 is BD

Now fill in names for the numbers (e.g. 1 = High Wizard Magicguy, 2 = Baron Tightpants) and issues for the letters (e.g. A = anti-Orc, B = High/Wood Elf unification).

So person 1 will agree with person 3 about issue A, person 3 will not agree with person 2 about anything.

There's your basis for role-playing conflict.

Remove ads