Game of Thrones... In Space.

The Expanse

Looks interesting. It's based on Leviathan Wakes, by Daniel Abraham. I haven't read it, but I may just pick it up. Has anyone read it? Any thoughts? You think it's going to be any good in TV series form?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
So what they're saying is that if you watch this show, don't be surprised when your favorite character is killed?

Although so far my favorite character in GoT - The Imp - Is not dead yet so woohoo!

But the trailer does seem kinda interesting. I'll probably check it out when it comes out, though I've never read the books, which in a lot of cases is actually probably a good thing when watching TV shows based on books.

So what they're saying is that if you watch this show, don't be surprised when your favorite character is killed?
Most likely.

Although so far my favorite character in GoT - The Imp - Is not dead yet so woohoo!
Yet... Martin is a jerk. You never know. He may be dead by the end of the first commercial break in the first episode.
But the trailer does seem kinda interesting. I'll probably check it out when it comes out, though I've never read the books, which in a lot of cases is actually probably a good thing when watching TV shows based on books.
Yeah, I'll be checking it out as well. It looks interesting.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yet... Martin is a jerk. You never know. He may be dead by the end of the first commercial break in the first episode.

While true, I would like to think that whenever his demise is... it won't be immediately after saving him from execution! That would be the meanest thing. To go through that effort to save him, to bring your hopes up, just to kill him on the voyage east.

While true, I would like to think that whenever his demise is... it won't be immediately after saving him from execution! That would be the meanest thing. To go through that effort to save him, to bring your hopes up, just to kill him on the voyage east.
It'slike you've never read Game of Themes, but you have some psychic powers to predict the future.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I have read Leviathan Wakes and the rest of the series so far. It is nothing like Game of Thrones. There are two main storylines from two characters, intially.

Calling it "Game of Thrones in Space" is a marketing ploy.

That said, it's a good series and should translate well to TV.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
What happen to Space Opera! :) GoT in space, right, marketing tag line.

May check it out BUT it is SyFy show, that does not give me a warm and fuzzy.

Nellisir

Hero
Huh. Honestly, I think I might enjoy it more as tv than as a book. The books have been good but not fantastic (I'd call them a solid B-grade), and I find the characters a bit...flat.

Remove ads