Check Out GF9's Gargantuan Red Dragon

Gale Force 9 is gearing up for release of its Red Dragon miniature (although "miniature" feels like it's underselling the thing). With a gargantuan 6" base, 20" wingspan (yeah, you read that right), and 7" in height, it's far from miniature. The model is made of 13 resin pieces, and is part of the D&D Collectors Series. Here's a few photos of the thing! I'm not sure when this model will be released, or how much it'll cost, though I guess you can keep an eye on their online store for it to appear.

Gale Force 9 is gearing up for release of its Red Dragon miniature (although "miniature" feels like it's underselling the thing). With a gargantuan 6" base, 20" wingspan (yeah, you read that right), and 7" in height, it's far from miniature. The model is made of 13 resin pieces, and is part of the D&D Collectors Series. Here's a few photos of the thing! I'm not sure when this model will be released, or how much it'll cost, though I guess you can keep an eye on their online store for it to appear.

71010.jpg

dragon3.jpg

View attachment 67559

PreviewDragon1.jpg

Mercule

Adventurer
Since it comes unpainted, I'm uninterested.
Unpainted? Hmm... No interest.

Also, don't like all the terrain/treasure on the base. Detracts from at-table usability, which is contextually implicit in the term "miniature". If the product is intended to just be stuck on a shelf, use a different term ("sculpt"? "model"?).

In fairness, I think I only used my 3.5 colossal red once, and that was only on principal. The issue may be as simple as "I don't like this sculpt as much as".

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Since it comes unpainted, I'm uninterested.

I don't think there's a single GF9 product that comes either assembled or painted. Not saying you have no reason to be uninterested, but if you've seen GF9 products before then there should be no surprise in that respect.

That said, I love it. It's a beast of a model with a wonderful sculpt to it, and if it's below $50 I might buy a kit when it comes out.

Warunsun

First Post
The Collector's Series is designed for miniature aficionados. If you don't enjoy building models than the whole line isn't for you. That is probably why they are so limited in number.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Ah, unpainted -- probably closer to 50 than 100, but no interest from me because I cant paint minis worth a damn, and have no interest in trying to do so.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads