D&D 5E Opening for new players in existing Hoard of the Dragon Queen game (now full!)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
If you're happy to bear in mind I have little to no idea how Warlocks work and you'll need to fill me in with rules now and then, stick with it. Not a major problem. ☺

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
The story so far:

The group came together in the tiny hamlet of Shad's Copse and set out to rescue a young bard from a pack of Gnolls. Although they rescued him, they found the Gnoll camp had been attacked and looted by a what seemed to be a large group of kobolds, men and elves.

The next day, they headed to Greenest on a turnip wagon driven by two Gnomes, only to find the town ablaze and being ransacked by more kobolds. They have managed to rescue a small family from attack, and are currently making their way through the ruined town towards the keep, seemingly the safest place in Greenest at the moment. They are gathering survivors into the wagon as they go. Currently they are finishing up an encounter in a burning tavern involving more kobolds and a Half-Orc trapped under a burning wooden beam.

My intention was to introduce the new characters in the next encounter in some way. You can be in Greenest for your own reasons, but you will be survivors of the attack on the town, now fighting off the remnants of the attackers and seeking safety.

Current game thread is at http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?389291-Hoard-of-the-Dragon-Queen-Chapter-1

Original recruiting thread is at http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?358097-Tyranny-of-Dragons

pro100

First Post
An idea if you didnt think otherwise: my cleric Orcassam could have protected some citizens in the basement of the temple nearby and , hearing no more movements , he goes upstairs. then he haers some commotions outside, towards the pub.

Ulfgar, my Druid dwarf fled to the keep when the attack began, he was visiting the tiny hamlet two days ago, resupplying as he is a hermit that leaves in a groove atop a rocky cliff several miles away.

Remove ads