For Us It Was a Tuesday

galenbd

First Post
Prometheus looks to the rest of the group and warns them, "There's some strange magic in that building. It was not created by anything I've seen that was human. It's very otherworldly and dangerous."

[DND][/DND][section]Thistle cocked her head to the side and considered Prometheus. "C'mon. What's taking so long? We either need in, or we need to split. Hangin' 'round in the alley's just gonna be trouble." She looked at the rusted lock. "If physical entry is the problem, why are we wasting time? I'll just snap the lock. This thing's gotta be good for something, after all." Thistle raised her cyberarm just a hair. For emphasis.[/section]

Shayuri

First Post
To the wireless world, that which is solid to human beings is no more substantial than water and air. Radio signals shine through walls and cars and windows and people, barely diffracting, losing just a hair of their energy to thermal dissipation into the atmosphere or obstacles. The data and infostructures, so ephemeral to the flesh, were what was solid there.

But Echo's probes detected something; an anomaly in the Matrix. A place where signals vanished on contact, and did not emerge again. In this far corner, amidst so many abandoned or non-wireless-enabled structures, it could hide from casual notice...but an active probe revealed it's presence. The utter black hole in the Matrix caused by a faraday cage, or similar shielding. But on a building of this size, such a countermeasure would be ludicrously expensive.

"This thing is good for something," said Echo out of thin air behind and to the right of Thistle. "The building is shielded from the Matrix. I will be unable to make wireless connection until we're inside it's premises."

She didn't sound happy, or sad, or frustrated. She could have been reciting the contents of a grocery list. It took a great deal more than this to ruffle her feathers.

galenbd

First Post
Prometheus mumbles, "Fool's rush in where angels fear to tread."

He leans back slightly and considers, "We can break it open, but wouldn't dare to predict what would happen. I would suggest we step back and prepare to attack anything that comes out."

OOC: DT, is there any risk to Thistle ruining or damaging her cyberarm if she uses it to crunch through the lock? What do I need to roll to have Thistle use her cyberarm to do that? With the cyberarm, she has AGI 10 and STR 9.

There are pockets of warmth inside, someone is inside.
Floch says with a deep voice.
What are waiting for, let's bash the door and get inside.
Floch pulls out his axe and let's the heavy iron head fall on the pavement while he holds it the iron squeaks on the ground with sparks

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: DT, is there any risk to Thistle ruining or damaging her cyberarm if she uses it to crunch through the lock? What do I need to roll to have Thistle use her cyberarm to do that? With the cyberarm, she has AGI 10 and STR 9.

OOC: You won't hurt the arm. She just needs a strength check with two successes (a 5 or a 6 on each d6 rolled). Should be easy with a 9 strength. Roll 9 d6s and let me know how many successes you get. In the rules, it suggests pairing 2 attributes together for special attribute checks, but really this lock is quite simple and can be easily broken.

Last edited:

galenbd

First Post
Everyone else seem so eager. In a fit of worry, Prometheus casts a spell to enhance his speed. The first casting is minimally effective and slightly draining. He lets that one go and tries for something that will actually help him. The second casting is much more effective and does not fatigue him at all. He shifts that spell into a concentration mode that will not interfere with his future spellcasting.

Then he shifts back away from the door 4 meters before saying, "If there are a lot of things in there, it would be better to get them outside so my spells don't damage the electronic inside. I'm as ready to go in as I'm ever going to be."

[sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4807269/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4807276/
Suffered 1 point of stun damage from drain
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4807278/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4807281/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[section]Thistle marched over to the lock, grasped it carefully--precisely--with her cyberarm, and applied pressure. She grit her teeth when she started to feel the metal of the lock's hasp resist, then crunched her way through. She kept her Ruger SuperWarhawk in her off hand while she worked.[/section]
[sblock=Strength]Thistle has Str 9 with her cyberarm, which she uses to try to crunch through the lock. She needs two or more 5s or 6s on her roll. She rolled poorly, but still well enough to succeed (I think): [5] [1] [6] [3] [3] [3] [2] [3] [2] . [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases