For Us It Was a Tuesday

[section]"Step off, mac." Thistle growled affectionately at the burly ork. "'Sides, I'm stronger than you, anyway," she grunted, squeezing harder on the lock's hasp. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...mama needs a new pair of shoes. Thistle glanced down at her Manolos and scowled at a scuff. Like, literally. [/section]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thistle easily breaks the padlock, and Floch's massive muscles barely even flex when the troll throws open the sliding door. Behind it, however, you see a quite modern and impressive looking steel door that sounds like it is quite thick when given a light rap. Next to it is a glowing terminal with the faint outline of a handprint on its flat surface. It looks like you've found the entry point to get in, though it's going to take some talent to hack the terminal. Either that or some demolitions properly placed to blow the internal door.

Shayuri

First Post
"This one will be hard to bring down," agrees Echo quietly. She breezes past and goes to the door. Then a person-shaped cutout pixellates, blurring and darkening and resolving into a woman wearing a tight bodysuit, slightly bulky here and there from armored pads. She pulls the mask down off her head; it is attached to the rest of the suit, like a hood.

Echo kneels down by the door and produces a pair of plastic triangles connected by a springy piece of plastic. She pulls this on over her head, like old-style earphones, only instead of her ears the plastic triangles fit over her temples. Then, from the one on the right she pulled a connector with a thin fiber-optic cable trailing off behind it out.

Almost any electronic device had some kind of universal connector port. With that she could connect her commlink to the door's lock, and then log onto her commlink mentally to bring her powers to bear on it; bypassing the faraday cage entirely.

(If the lock has a universal datajack port, this will work. Otherwise it may be harder. Most devices do, but I don't think there's a rule that says they HAVE to. :))

[section]"I can blow it if you can't get us in." Thistle's fingers twitched as she watched Echo at work. She found a place to stand out of the way, and stood stock still in the darkest patch she could find, her eyes flitting over the building's grounds and the alley.[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Demotion 6, if we end up needing/wanting to blow the door. And I don't mean a BJ. Otherwise, Perception 3 = 6, 4, 2. I rolled 3d6 for Thistle's Perception; let me know if I'm not grokking how this should be working.[/sblock]

galenbd

First Post
Prometheus stands by waiting patiently for the others on his team to complete their tasks. No doubt his turn will soon come.

He steps up beside Floch and murmurs quietly, "Not a good idea to go in there alone. Bad magic."

Then he strides back to his place a few meters from the door.

galenbd

First Post
Once in place, Prometheus begins a small detection casting, chanting quietly to himself. The detection spell opens his mind to a more complete awareness, allowing him to know where all living things in 100 meters are. The spell won't penetrate the astral barrier, but it might tell him if there are others lurking outside.

[sblock]I forgot to subtract one die for earlier drain, so I lost a success from the spellcasting roll.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810714/
Rolled out of drain though
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810718/
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Prometheus and Thistle detect nothing out of the ordinary, but Echo does find a universal datajack port in the rear of the terminal used by maintenance technicians.

Shayuri

First Post
Echo spends a moment hunting, then finds the panel in the back of the terminal. A quick twist of the screw holding it shut reveals the port used by maintenance staff. She plugs the 'trodes into it,' and interfaces her commlink, creating a wireless 'bridge' into the otherwise secured device.

In an instant, she blossoms fully into this virtual space; the network is insulated from the wider grids of the Matrix, like a tiny village off of any map. The watchful eye of GOD overhead is gone here, but there are no controls, no safeties, no rules save those of the system, and those Echo can enforce for herself.

With the ease of long practice, the spheres that make up her digital self shift colors to blend into the electronic background and fade from easy sight. Tendrils of her mind begin snaking through the lock, seeking out its vulnerabilities so they can be exploited.

(OOC - Doing some Matrix Perception on the host if she can see it, or just on the door if she can't. Then doing some Hack on the Fly to try to get a mark on the lock.)

(Results: 2 successes on Perception, and 8 on the Hack attempt. I think that's more than her mental Limit, so it may just be 7. :))
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810797/

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases