For Us It Was a Tuesday

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Echo works the panel in a manner that makes her job seem easy. Although her mind has dropped into cyberspace, she can't help but cause a slight twitch in facial expressions that show how progress is going. After only a few moments jacked in, a slight smirk plays on her face and the doors swing open to reveal a small lobby under flickering incandescent lights. On the left is a vacant security desk with a fallen chair behind it. Two corporate motivational posters hang behind the security desk, each with words 'synergy' and 'teamwork' prominently displayed. They are newly decorated with smears of dried blood, and from your vantage point just outside you can make out a severed hand stuffed in the plotted plant next to the desk. There is a side door exiting the room to your right, and in the far wall you can see a large sign that reads 'Aztechnology' along with a corporate logo. You don't need to touch the astral plane to recognize that something very bad has happened here.

[section]Thistle spun away from watching the alley, and skirted quickly through the open door, into the foyer. She eyed the "Synergy" poster and snorted. Some of the air in her lungs, however, expelled once when she spied the severed hand in the potted plant. Hell. She raised her Ruger SuperWarhawk and slid sideways, keeping her back to the wall left of the door. The gun fixed in two hands and at the ready, Thistle scanned the room for signs of foes. [/section]
[sblock=OOC]Edit: Forged Fury kindly pointed out that I was screwing up my rolls and that I needed to add INT to Thistle's Perception. Here's the amended roll: Perception 3 + Intuition 5 = 8d6 [1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 4, 2] = 26. Looking to see if anyone or anything is an immediate threat.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
A tall redhead in a tight leather corset, red skirt and high black boots, her ripped thigh highs just peeking out over the tops, comes running down the streets, directly towards the group that is just entering the warehouse. "I'm sorry I'm late," she huffs, "My gig ran late. You know I can't miss one!" She bends at the waist, leaning on her thighs to catch her breath.

"Did I miss getting to shoot anyone?" Her long hair covers her face but if you could see her face you know she's smirking.

Phoenix stands up straight, that very grin in place. "Well?"

OOC: I ran out of time to do a great post but wanted to get going today. Hopefully I'll have the entire character up tomorrow. You all would know her alter ego is lead singer Morgan Blaze from Morgan Blaze and the Phoenix's, her rock gig. You don't know her actual name. Well, she doesn't think you do anyway. I'll try to work on some character connections tomorrow.

Unsung

First Post
Salvatierra walked through the door backward, turning around again as she went, looking around the ceiling, the walls, the floor. She seemed calm enough that she might be on something, but her large, dark eyes were clear... Maybe still a little dry from the guaro last night.

Her eyes ran past the sprays of blood, nodding her understanding, or approval, or something. She had an idea, maybe a wrong one, about the kind of weapons they might have used in this tight of a space-- the kind she'd have used were she in their position. She was no blood spatter expert, maybe, but she'd seen plenty of blood shed. Could guess, maybe, whether or not a blade, how big a bullet. Maybe. Maybe not, though.

She stopped to look down at the hand in the planter, looking for any little details that might tell her whose hand it might have been, or how it had got that way, and why it had landed where it was.

She glanced up at the singer, Morgan Blaze, and chuckled. "No, no shooting so far," she said, mild disappointment tinged with irony. Her accent was similarly mild.

She tilted her head very slightly to lean against the tricked-out assault rifle she has resting on her shoulder, drawing attention to the gun in such a way to suggest she had forgotten it was there.

OOC: If I were to roll anything here, I suppose I might as well try with Perception, yeah? Unfortunately I still can't get Invisible Castle to work. For whatever reason I can never seem to create a login without tripping some kind of error.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thistle doesn't notice any visible threats, but there is a slight blood trail that leads from the fallen chair towards the nearby door. The door itself is a simple wooden affair, complete with electronic pad for scanning security badges, but you won't need to bypass it as the door itself has been broken open.

The hand looks skinny and bony, and so it was probably discarded for not having any 'meat' to it. Salvatierra can't help but think that about that due to all the teeth marks gnawed upon the base of the severed limb.

galenbd

First Post
Prometheus remains near the back as the rest of the group starts filtering through the door. He steps through last, slowly as he's still sustaining his detections spell. Once inside, he pauses to assess any new information the spell may provide to him.

The Troll goes in after the others, he check the desk and the trail of blood, inhaling the smell of blood, smirking.
The severed hand was nothing new to him, in the past he was responsible for some severed limbs of misfortune people that tried to nudge him. he follows the trail to the door, if he can pass he will, if not, what ever left of the door will be kicked or bashed with his mighty axe.

[section]Thistle scrunched her nose in disgust at the chewed-on hand in the planter, and started maneuvering forward through the foyer. When Phoenix showed up--late, as usual--Thistle paused and motioned for the redhead to join her. "B-tch, you're late. Get over here." Thistle grinned in comraderie at Phoenix, letting her know her use of the term 'b-tch' was friendly. "You and me're going in there," Thistle pointed to the broken-down door with her Ruger.[/section]
[sblock=Movement]Walking over to the open broken-down door to check out that room's contents. Ruger out and readied. Hopefully, Phoenix follows. Thistle will go without her if need be, though.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
She no longer needed to see her hands, so Echo pulled her hood back down over her head and reactivated her chameleon suit, blurring to a pixellated smudge, then fading from easy view. She'd be around. As the others inspected the blood and body parts, Echo inspected the room as it existed in virtual space. Inside the faraday cage she could hear the song of the signal, the whispers in the wire. A humming subdomain, structured like the Matrix, but on a smaller scale.

Her explorations of it began as quietly and timorously as the others probing the battered doorway...

(Gonna sleeaaaaaze my way in :))

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Shadowrun6.jpg

Phoenix drew two guns as she moved over to her friend. "Bi-ch, you missed my show. AGAIN." She gave her friend a little peck on the cheek. "Let's go blow some sh-t up." she waved an arm toward the door. "After you, my lady."

Remove ads